Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,366   Online: 1070

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad notches in negatives

I recently received a 500C/M kit that showed evidence of light leaks in the A12 back as well as erratic spacing between shots. There was also no evidence of the Hasselblad notches on the left side of the frame. The back was repaired (by qualified repairman in NYC) and apparently it had problems with the film being held in place by the clip and light leaks. The film now loads much easier and does not pop out of the clip while loading and the two notches appear on the left of the negatives. The rest of the square corners are now perfectly square but I was wondering about the other notches I've seen on Hasselblad corners. This back does not seem to produce them now that it's been fixed. There were some notches before the repair was done on 2 of the corners. Can anyone point me to what a full negative might look like? Have there been different designs for these notches over the years. Is it possible that this back may not have any when it's aligned properly? Also the spacing between shots is still pretty erratic. Should this have been fixed as well? Thanks very much for insight into the shape of the Hasselblad raw negative.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should just see the two notches on the left and then each corner has a kind of fatter notch, not pointy, kind of pointy with the point chopped off. I'm not sure whether this pattern has changed throughout the years but I don't think it has.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=1550
    This is the latest incarnation of A12 back.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin