Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,659   Online: 868

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya C33

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya C33

Just bought a Mamiya C33 as a back up to the Hasselblad for weddings.

Havenly received it yet, but itching to try it out.

Anyone else use this camera?

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hey matt

i use it, i love it. it's a tank for sure, but man i don't mind packing it around. simple to use, nothing to get in the way.

i'm not sure what you're used to, this might take getting used to, but for me, i enjoy it immensely.

c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by areaeleven
    it's a tank for sure
    Try it with the 180mm lens, lens hood, and the porrofinder if you think the camera alone is a tank. As most have stated it takes gorgeous photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I baught one second hand about twenty years ago, and it was old then, to do weddings, and mugshots with , it was Ideal , I still have it, I have shot hundreds of rolls of film,it has never been serviced since I have owned it, and it has never let me down.

I hope you get as much pleasure from it Matt, as I have from mine

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yep! My favourite choice for travelling since dacades. Light enough to be carried around everywhere and superlative in quality.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format

mamiya c33

My very 1st medium format camera... second hand, then I guess like a lot of people I traded and tried a few other medium format cameras, then at the end of 1990's guess what (?) ..... bought myself another C33, with 55mm, 80mm, 180mm.... and would never leave it behind on a trip. Easy to use, sharp & so much cheaper than some of the big name cameras. A good second hand C330 would be selling for around $500 here in Melbourne, with one 80mm lens. Now that I have one in excellent condition, I won't be letting it go again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt I have one too, love it!! Although I'm still looking for some black lenses for mine and lens hoods.
    Cheers
    Nicole

Shooter
    Multi Format

Black Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Matt I have one too, love it!! Although I'm still looking for some black lenses for mine and lens hoods.
    Cheers
    Nicole
    I think the 135mm would be a very useful lens for the sort of work you do Nicole, and it uses the same hood as the 80mm, It's my favorite portrait lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ben, that would be nice. I'll find one sooner or later.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I bought my first Mamiya TLR in 1967; it was a C220. I traded it back in 3 days later for the C330. Over the years, I have owned, sold, lost, had stolen, and even gave away several of the Mamiya TLR's. I currently have the C330, two C220's, the C33 and the Mamiyaflex bodies, with 55mm, 80mm, 105mm, 135mm, and 180 lenses. I have several different finders, etc. Just about the whole nine yards. I don't use them as backup for my Hasselblads at weddings; I use Hasselblads as backup for my Hasselblads at weddings. I use my TLR's as what they are: beautifully crafted portrait, general purpose, and special purpose cameras that require a crisp, negative in the 6x6 format. I love the TLR format because I "see" if my subject blinks, looks away, or otherwise causes a missed shot. There's nothing like racking out a C330 and shooting closeups of flowers and other still life. In fact, this discussion has made me want to shoot a roll, or two in my C330 right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin