Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,985   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Small case for Hasselblad

I plan on doing some hiking this summer and I'd like to take my Hasselblad 500C/M and 80mm Planar with me. I have a really nice and comfortable backpack that is not intended for photography equipment. I'd like to find a case that I could put the Hasselblad in that can go in the backpack. I need something that will protect the camera while it is in the backpack. Any ideas?
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bubble wrap -- the kind with big bubbles, not the tiny ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Arctic Zone insulated lunch puch, available at the usual discount department stores. Well padded, velcro closure, about $2US. I use these to carry 4X5 film holders. Arctic Zone makes great photo equipment;-0

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm using a small box with some air bag packing material on the bottom of my regular North Face knock around day pack and have been very happy so far. Plenty of room for film and other doo-dads. By the way, my kit fits in the box with the 80mm lens shade on as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McD
    Arctic Zone insulated lunch puch, available at the usual discount department stores. Well padded, velcro closure, about $2US. I use these to carry 4X5 film holders. Arctic Zone makes great photo equipment;-0
    That's what I do when I want to carry my Hassy with just an 80. Low key, low key.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's what I do for my Mamiya RZ outfit. Carry it in a no-name comfortable backpack with two lenses in the two zippered compartments of those soft insulated lunch boxes and the RZ body with a third lens attached sitting on top of it inside the backpack. Plenty of nice soft padding in those soft lunch boxes. I use the ones made by a company called California Innovations - see http://store.ca-innovations.com/merchant8cda.html
    I'm using the Deluxe Munchsak which has two independent compartments. For one lens and body alone a deeper one like the XL power pack would fit the bill.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For travel The LowePro Roadrunner will carry the camera with a front pocket for a couple of filters and enough film. It can carry either a extra film back or 90deg prism at the end of the bag and you can put a handheld meter in case on top of the camera if need be. Once on location you can strap it around your waist for quick front access. I've been using it with various cameras and stuffed into my airline backpack for years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad once offered a leather eveready case to fit the 500C/M with the 80 Planar. It will only fit that combination; other lenses are too large. But it would be fine for protecting the camera while in your backpack. They show up frequently in the usual places.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll second the softsided coolers, as that is what I use for my Century 5x7, and have used other sizes for other cameras. If you have an overdeveloped sense of whimsy, the ARAX camera bag nicely holds a body, lens, prism, WL, and two backs, with room for a few filters and some odds and ends in the side pocket. I've been very pleasantly surprised by mine, which came with the camera. And what thief would think to steal an Arax?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Padded coolers will work well. For my LF kit I used to use a plastic food container with sleeping-pad foam (from camping equipment suppliers) for dividers and padding inside a backpack (I use a Lowepro photo backpack now). You can either gaffer tape or hot-glue gun the foam together to make dividers if you want - adhesive backed Velcro is another, adjustable, fixing option but I didn't try that...

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin