Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,222   Online: 911

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SL66 Photos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a hell of a deal - I'm looking at $150 outlay to get a Maxwell for my SL66.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD
    Don't hesitate to get the Maxwell screen. He built one on my SL66 shortly after I bought it, and it is nice and bright, even indoors. He is a friend of the family, and I got mine in trade for repairing his computer. Nice guy and nice screens!
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey there Mike, please post more from the Efke 25. This is a beautiful film, although I'm using more of the 100 speed at the moment. The Zeiss lenses really bring the detail through.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs
    What a coincidence! I live in London and my favoured store in town is Stan C Reade. In fact, the shots here were taken in a conservation area within city limits, and the colour films processed at Stan's.

Its definitely not your camera though, unless it came by way of Arkansas via Hadley Chamberlain's store.
    Mike: I was certain your SL66 wasn't either of "my" bodies; that was a long time ago! I lived in Stratford at the time of the sale, at which time I also sold off my M3 and lenses.

Harry owned Stan C. Reade at the time, and I seem to remember he bought some of the Rollei gear himself.

I too preferred Stan C. Reade, Harry & Barry always gave me good deals, as I was a struggling young poor guy. Gunther (?) over at Linden was a little less warm, but I did shop there some, too.

I learned photography from David Hallam, first through an adult ed beginner's class he taught, then I stayed with him for private tutoring for awhile.

Cheers,

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wanted to ask about Hadley Chamberlain's store. I have emailed him many times about items on his website but he never replies. Does anyone know anything about him. Is he still trading? His website lists a lot of SL66 gear that I would be interesed in buying...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    I wanted to ask about Hadley Chamberlain's store. I have emailed him many times about items on his website but he never replies. Does anyone know anything about him. Is he still trading? His website lists a lot of SL66 gear that I would be interesed in buying...
    I have the exact same experience. I'm interested in his bay VI to 67mm adapter and the blank lensboards. I should just pick up the phone and call.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike, let me know if you do manage to speak to him. It is a bit expensive to call from here (spain)....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although the list of second-hand items on his website doesn't seem to have been updated for years, the new parts (Bay VI adapter and lensboards) are still available - or at least they were earlier this year.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've also sent him at least one unanswered email.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    Now I see what is it. I think the difference is more in some kind of tonal smoothness than it is in actuall sharpness. Because sharpness at such small sizes can always be enhanced with USM, but you can't really fake smoothness of the tones.
    There seems to be more fine gradations in the MF version, while the edge sharpness seems to be about the same.
    The MF version feels somehow "delicate", more sophisticated.

I can't wait to get my first MF slides back
    Yes, the aparent shaprness has partly more to do with smoother tonal gradient and partly with different rendering of the in-focus and out-of-focus areas with the lenses used in small and medium format (and of course further up in size too :-)... That is the reason some people go for larger [than 35mm] format even if they seldom print larger sizes...

Jiri

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin