Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,518   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Found: 1950's Ansco Craftsman

A good friend of mine was rambling around an old house and he stumbled upon a 1950's Ansco Craftsman. He wasn't asking me about it and I can't tell him much, but I told him I would ask the people of apug certian that someone would know. Does anyone know much about the camera?
    Thanks,
    Erin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DO visit the westford site - its one of my favourites - I can't get enough of the pictures, the old cameras, the stories and the rather insightful comments! I especially like the "found film" files - they give me goose-bumps, I feel like some time travelling voyeur There is also an extensive list of cameras, most of them with pictures of the camera as well as ones taken with the camera. The Ansco has a very nice protfolio!

It just made me wonder - I bet there is someone who still has one of these kits in a box, never opened, or at least never assembled. I wonder if I could bring myself to build it - and I am not even talking about monetary value as a collectible (which I have no clue about - I assume its pretty slim), but I would be torn between wanting to build it, and not wanting to alter its original, preserved for so long, state... But I ramble.

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    DO visit the westford site - its one of my favourites - I can't get enough of the pictures, the old cameras, the stories and the rather insightful comments! I especially like the "found film" files - they give me goose-bumps, I feel like some time travelling voyeur
    Have you found the levitating granny yet?

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    Have you found the levitating granny yet?

Lachlan
    NO! Now I AM curious! Where is she - in the found films, I assume?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    NO! Now I AM curious! Where is she - in the found films, I assume?
    It is the second photo down on THIS page - she appears to be floating around the ceiling...
    Now see if you can find the processing defect from another camera that looks like a slug...

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How did I miss that one!? That's interesting, a "ghostly" looking double ex. for sure! I have not yet found the slug - to tell you the truth, sometimes I get a chill and have to stop looking at some of these... but I always go back!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks...He's really excited about the film in it. Hopefully its something that can be developed
    -Erin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erin,

If I recall correctly, there were several threads here on APUG on how to best handle old, old found film - also, I believe the westofrd site contains some pointers. Do a search here for "found film" or out of date film developing (well, try several wordings - I know its out there). I wish I could help more, but I have no experience in this area.

It must be pretty exciting to wait and see what's on there - I certainly understand your firends excitement.

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinHilburn
    Thanks...He's really excited about the film in it. Hopefully its something that can be developed
    -Erin
    Just watch out for the slugs and floating grannies...

Lachlan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin