Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,267   Online: 856

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Bill,
    I did a group portrait of my family (including myself) a few weeks ago and I used the air release to fire the shutter on my Hasselblad. A self timer would have worked out better, but there isn't one on a Blad. The bulb was so difficult to squeeze and fire that I think there was an obvious look of tension on my face in all the shots.
    Ara
    You might look for a universal self timer. These screw into a threated shutter release, and you can set them for various times. Maybe someone can remember what brands there are/were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter, you were faster

I just wanted to tell Ara to buy universal self timer. I found: http://www.camerafit.com/various.htm#SELFTIMER
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...shs=self+timer

There must be others...

Regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ara, I think that the simplest solution to make things like that (for example: when you want to photograph yourself making love to your girlfriend in the position of page 116 of the 1934 edition of Kama Sutra), all you need is a Hasselblad ELM with an electrical cable release. I have a long one (it must be 6-8 ft long) and never had a problem. The camera will wind the shutter for you, too, so there will be no need to interrupt whatever you're doing for that either...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kahn
    Just out of curiosity, guys, why do you use air realease cables? I've never had the need to get far enough from the camera to go beyond the length of my mechanical cable release. I do strictly outdoor work, things that don't move or talk back.

Bill, a pneumatic release does not have the stiffness of a regular cable release
    The soft rubber tubing is far less able to cause a shake or wiggle when releasing the shutter. The Degroff is expensive, but I am still using the same ones I bought fifty years ago. Most of my Degroff surgical tubing and squeeze bulbs are about 20 to thirty inches long. Longest perhaps six feet!

Somebody gave me one of those twenty foot long gadgets, didn't like it so cut it off to about 30 inches, works fine now.

For what its worth,
    Charlie.............................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Ara, I think that the simplest solution to make things like that (for example: when you want to photograph yourself making love to your girlfriend in the position of page 116 of the 1934 edition of Kama Sutra), all you need is a Hasselblad ELM with an electrical cable release. I have a long one (it must be 6-8 ft long) and never had a problem. The camera will wind the shutter for you, too, so there will be no need to interrupt whatever you're doing for that either...
    It's interesting how we went from a portrait of my family to sex with my girlfriend. I'll make sure I wash the cable release before using it with the family again.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't get me wrong, Ara, it was only a suggestion... you know how my dirty old mind works...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Don't get me wrong, Ara, it was only a suggestion... you know how my dirty old mind works...
    Probably the same way my mind works.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin