Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,019   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Strangely enough, my 124G likes the release cable better than my stubby fingers...It's much more difficult for me to release the shutter without a cable because the button has to be pressed all the way in. I much prefer the release button on my "D" when doing hand held shots.

I've rigged up a handle frame so that I can hold the handle, focus and press the shutter cable with my left hand and crank the film advance with my right. It can look pretty silly with a flash attached too, but hey, it works...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by b1bmsgt
    Well, maybe we are talking about two different things...

After you wind the film and it stops, you do indeed have to reverse the crank back to it's starting position before you can shoot. However, folding the crank down until the handle goes into the hole does nothing internally. If you can't shoot until the crank is folded down into the hole, then it is either an amazing coincidence or perhaps your camera is posessed by evil spirits or something...

Regards,

Russ
    Ah the magic words. It's the turning back the wind handle till it stops that does it. IDNKT (I did not know that),\.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

This is a funny coincidence. I recently discovered that my Yashica Mat 124 also has troubles with a cable release. Not in that the winder mechs get muffled, but that the cable release will not trip the shutter. The only way to trip the shutter is to push the button.

I have 2 cables, both of the locking sort. They look like they have a pretty good length to the pin. Is there anything else that can be the problem? Would anyone here know about that?

-Tammy
    Hi Tammy,

The cable release pushes the same internal lever that the button does, just through the center of the button. However, there should be a small rod in the hole in the button that the cable pushes against which may be missing. Shine a flashlight into the hole and see if the rod is there. You should see it blocking the hole just a few mm in. If you can't see anything but the hole, then that is probably your problem. Where the rod went is anyones guess. If you bought the camera from someone else, they might have taken it apart and lost it. If one doesn't know it's there it is easy to drop on the floor without even seeing it.

Hope this sheds some light for you...

Russ
    R.L. Sisco
    MSgt, USAF, Retired

Do you have an
    Electro 35 or other
    Yashica that you
    would like Refurbished?
    Check out:
    www.camerarefurb.com

My Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin