Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,158   Online: 897

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP
    The viewfinders on old folders can be pretty iffy. Are you sure the little prism that switches from 6x6 to 6x9 is completely in position?

Seems everything back then was roomier. A neighbor used to have a 58 Mercedes. There was enough room under the hood for two suitcases, or maybe small children. And the old Checker cabs sat six in the back seat.

Between the front window and eyepiece lens elements, there's just a little aluminium(?) frame which masks the field for 6x6. Nothing else in there which allows any adjustment or repositioning. No prism there.

Can't go wrong with Mamiya TLR or Rolleicord

I agree with prior comments on Mamiya TLR or Rolleicord (assuming condition is good, but consider getting a CLA to get everything up to snuff). IMO the Mamiya TLR lenses are really under-rated. In my practical use, including studio, the standard length 80/2.8 yields superb sharpness. Attached are a couple of examples.

For SLR, also consider a Kowa 6MM (the MM model has the desirable mirror lock-up). These cameras have fantastic lenses, on par with the best, again IMO.

R.J.
    Last edited by mediumformatphoto; 01-22-2007 at 09:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My choice was Seagull 109

It was about $280, so it's pretty cheap, though many would say you should get an old TLR for that money instead.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin