Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,571   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if nothing else, use one of Hadley's old diaper bags. Not many theifs will steal a diaper bag especially if they think it is carrying a used diaper. Use a clean diaper as a wrap around the lenses. Get creative. Nothing beats that kind of Sh*t for not worth stealing.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That cute little troll is almost out of diapers now (thank goodness!) and I don't think we brought any diaper bags with us on the move. I like the diaper idea though and may end up just sticking one in an outside pocket as a deterrant

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tamrac Expedition 7 & 8

Need to make the jump away from shoulder bags. Currently everything except the working unit (body, finder, back, one lens) drops into it. But, need to grab and go, and sometimes hike out a mile or more to a location.

Hence, the search for the backpack. I like the setup and harness/strap construction of the Expedition 7 & 8 series. Unlike the Summit and Super Photo, the specs do not directly note use for MF. Is anyone using this system for MF, specifically RB/RZ, and how well does it hold the camera body?
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format

re: Tamrac Expedition 7 & 8

I have just bought the Tamrac Expedition 7, and It works wery well for me. I carry my Hasselblad equipment in it, plus a fuji 6x7 RF. You can easily fit one body w lens and back mounted, 3 extra lenses, 3-4 backs, light meter, extension tubes, and some other accessories. The carrying system is very good, and you can mount the tripod on the back.
    It's quite deep, so the camera should fit even with a prism finder mounted on it.
    I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far I'm very pleased with the comfort and the quality.

I found a review here which was very helpful to me before I made the purchase.

Hope that gives you some help.

/Anders

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a Tamrac 777 http://www.digitalliquidators.com/de...d=tr777&l=more
    and googled the best price (ignore company name) of $255.00. B&H and Adorama want $310 for the backpack which is designed with hiking in mind. It's a great system that you can add extra accessories to and gives your equipment (and back) mamimum protection. This backback can really make a full system of photo gear feel light as a feather! Anything that looks like a backpack will probably draw less attention than a Haliburton case. I have noticed that people (at least in L.A.) are using the shiny Haliburton cases (or lookalikes) to transport big water-pipes and hookas from one opium/marijuana/tobacco den to another. Are they trying to look like an innocent clean and sober photographer or what?
    I can just see some thief screaming "Whaaa..... no hookah!!!" and throwing a couple of MF bodies and lenses on the street. (He'd probably keep the Haliburton case though, for future aquisitions).
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Domke. I have the F-3X, it was a perfect travel bag. When packed fully, for travelling in the plane, I fit a 500CM, meter prism, 3 film backs, handheld meter, 50mm and 150mm C lenses, 25 rolls of 120 film, a 20D, 3 extra batteries, and an 18-200mm lens. Along with all the assorted filters and other goodies I needed. Of course, there's also the F-2, which is bigger.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Horsetrading

Well, as usual I have sold something on the bay and spent the paypal before it could get too cold...

Bit for the Expedition 8 and find it super, if big on my back. Body, grip, WL & prism finders, four lenses, four backs, Lindahl shade, Pentax AF400T flash-bracket-batteries, mini softbox, 8" folding tabletop macro pod, Slik Pro 340DX pod, filters, and the usual panoply of bag paraphanalia, along with a load of film, GPS unit, binos, meters, and hey, room for the Yashi 124 as well! It carries all of this tolerably on a walk, but is a little top heavy. Guess I need to stay away from cliff lines...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin