Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,921   Posts: 1,556,580   Online: 1199

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks...!
    game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have owned three Diana clones, although I've only shot film through one so far. I ended up selling that camera before I saw the results.

The pictures were total crap...I wish I had kept it! I hope the remaining two cameras suck also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put it in a box and ship it to a friend by UPS.
    I think you mean the USPS. ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    I think you mean the USPS. ;-)
    Nope, UPS kills far more of my packages than USPS. Normally all my USPS stuff comes through with no signs of damage. Every UPS box I get and destroyed.

IME the Holgas are generally provide much more clarity and less distortion than the Dianas. I have three different Dianas and they all have much more distortion than my Holga. I agree with what others have said -- just modify your lens a bit to make more distortion.

Attached are two images: first is with Holga on NeoPan 400, second is Diana on XP2 Super.
    Last edited by mediumformatphoto; 11-06-2006 at 12:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may also remove the "aperture", a plastic thing behind the lens. It's very easy to disassemble/assemble. Use iso 100 film to compensate for the wider aperture (in most daylight situations). You will end up getting much softer pictures...
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ah great, those last posts are very helpfull! The aparture mod seems to make a lot of sense. The side by side comparison is also nice.
    I;ll try some stuff out, and will be searching for a diana too.
    thanks Game

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You could always upgrade to a pinhole camera. An improperly sized pinhole is no sharper than a Holga lens. An ultra wide-angle pinhole camera has even more vignetting. By curving the film you can get as much distortion, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get a junk store camera. see www.junkstorecameras.com for more info on what ones are truly crap and what ones are decent enough to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second the pinhole suggestion of Jim Jones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin