Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,645   Online: 807

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pinholga's run about $20

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by battra92
    Get a junk store camera. see www.junkstorecameras.com for more info on what ones are truly crap and what ones are decent enough to use.
    And if replacing a Holga, go for the former.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Freestyle now has a 35mm adopter for the Holga. The extra enlargement required should lead to a delectable degree on crappyness. If you go this route, let us see some of your images.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    IThe pictures were total crap...I wish I had kept it!
    Ya know, I just don't "get" this phenomenon at all. I mean, I spent years trying to learn how to NOT take crappy pictures!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Ya know, I just don't "get" this phenomenon at all. I mean, I spent years trying to learn how to NOT take crappy pictures!
    I think the appeal is making something appealing with limited tools and turning its weaknesses into strengths.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    My pics are all crappy, try as I might. If I use a Diana, then I have a solid excuse...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks again for the posts!
    I'll update the thread if I did something.

One question, the holga is 6x6, so mediumformat. Off course that more expensive than 35mm. Also the experimental nature of the photography taken with the holga or another crapcam, could benifit from having 36 exposures instead of 12....

Is there nevertheless a reason to stick to medium format crap?

thanks Game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    Is there nevertheless a reason to stick to medium format crap?
    Go with 35mm if you like (or don't mind) grain in your crap. If you like big crap, try an old postcard format camera with a meniscus lens.

One thing about plastic lenses is that the color chromatic aberration is much worse than glass lenses. Can sometimes result in unusual color fringing. Plastic lenses are common in 35mm giveaway cameras of the type you used to get with magazine subsription and the like. Literally cheaper than dirt, so probably a good place for you to start.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin