Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,893   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip for RB67?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Patrick - yes, I use a good strap, I think it is that one or very similar....I was trying to suggest that snegron did too - Useful link.
    Cate

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Thanks Patrick - yes, I use a good strap, I think it is that one or very similar....I was trying to suggest that snegron did too - Useful link.
    Cate
    Actually, I do have a pretty good strap with it. Probably one of the toughest straps I have seen. Problem with the strap is that the weight of the RB makes it extremely uncomfortable to use. Also, it still does not help when handling the RB in terms of focusing, etc. Even with my 35mm cameras I dislike using the strap around my neck. I usually sling the strap on my shoulder when I walk with the camera from point A to Point B.

I think that the grip would just prevent me from having to hold the RB from underneath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron
    [...]I think that the grip would just prevent me from having to hold the RB from underneath.

What I need is a cattle prod attachment that would put a small high-voltage "fence" around the rotating back so that every time I inadvertantly nudged it one way or another before a shot, it would shock the crap out of me. Can't tell you the number of times I've got a shot lined up only to find the shutter won't fire because I've rotated the back ever so slightly. Wish there was a way to lock that.

-KwM-

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    What I need is a cattle prod attachment that would put a small high-voltage "fence" around the rotating back so that every time I inadvertantly nudged it one way or another before a shot, it would shock the crap out of me. Can't tell you the number of times I've got a shot lined up only to find the shutter won't fire because I've rotated the back ever so slightly. Wish there was a way to lock that.

-KwM-
    Luckily the rotating back on my RB is very stiff. Maybe if you let it rust in place for a bit it might stiffen up a bit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin