Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,742   Online: 883

Thread: RB67 lens caps

Shooter
    Medium Format

RB67 lens caps

The rear lens cap from my (now dead) 90mm C don't seem to fit my new 90mm KL lens. Are there compatibility problems between C and KL lens caps?

Does anyone have a spare rear cap I could buy off them that would fit? Mamiya want £9 for one!

Shooter
    Large Format
    There are even among one focal length and the other. There are "flatter" (won't fit 50 mm) and "rounded" clip-on caps, and all different lock-in type caps. I have at least three different types at home.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cap differences

The current Mamiya's seem to be different from replacements in that they have ears and lock on by twisting the mounting ring. The are available through B&H for about $8US new, and $5US used. There are off-brand replacements that are push on and may have difficulty with the K/L line in that the rear element barrel is a few millimeters larger than the C or non-C Sekor's. This makes them impossible to push on as the cap has a smaller internal ring that surrounds the rear element barrel as well as the outside of the lens itself.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...y=12&Submit=Go
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just realised that I hadn't taken the extra ring for the pro sd off which I don't need anyway since mine is pro s. The old lens cap fits no problem without it

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin