Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,436   Online: 811

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

RB67 kit and lens with very small fungus speck

I just purchased a complete RB67 ProS set up (2 bodies with backs and revolvers, polaroid back, left hand grip, 140mm macro C, 65mm, 90mm C, 250mm, komura teleconverter, lens shade to fit all but one lens, and a hard tundra case that holds everything). The seals on the backs look rough but some b/w I put through it turned out with no leaks. I plan on resealing the backs and bodies.
    1)The 250mm lens has the smallest speck of fungus on what looks like the elements closest to the camera. The spec is only visible from the front on the lens in. Once started, will this spread? Can I stop the progression by keeping it in a dry environment?
    2)The 140mm macro--does it have a floating element? It seems to have a moving part inside.
    3)Last but not least any input on using a N80 for metering.

A grand got me the whole setup-If its as much fun as the 645 Pro I bought a while back it was well worth it.

Thank you for any input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd first try putting the lens in the sun for several hours, aligned so that the fungus itself is exposed to the UV. While that won't remove the fungus, it will kill it.
    juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you want to keep the lens, I would spend some time erradicating the fungus! Yes it will spread if left untouched. A search of these forums, or a general web search should give you many different ways to remove it.

If all the lenses were stored together, you might want to spend some time really doing a good cleaning of all of them. Better safe than sorry.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin