Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,347   Online: 989

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I wish this weren't a scam, but how could it not be?

contax 645 camera and lens for 100 dollars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONTAX-645-AF-CA...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, that's just the starting bid, of course.

The guy has 935 feedbacks with only one negative. Should be legit...

Russ
    R.L. Sisco
    MSgt, USAF, Retired

Do you have an
    Electro 35 or other
    Yashica that you
    would like Refurbished?
    Check out:
    www.camerarefurb.com

My Gallery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dont' get too excited yet, about 8 seconds before the end of the auction the price will skyrocket...

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, anytime you see an email inside the auction, it most likely is a scam. Always email the the seller through the ebay system and always check their other auctions as well as past auctions.

My rule of thumb is if it's too good to be true...it probably is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff,

It could be legit. First the camera has been discontinued. The seller does not set a reserve, but I am sure that there is one. He indicates that he has 5 and that you can have one for $1000. He also indicates that the units are new. It is possible that these are gray market and do not have the US warranty. Additionally, though he says they are new, it is possible that they were a demo/refurbished? unit as through the manufacturer. Cameras as such have a limited warranty from the manufacturer and are sold for less money.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a scam - having to email them for some mysterious conditions and terms before being allowed to place your bid. Report such auctions to ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does not sound like a scam, if you read the listing, the starting bid and the price he has in the body of the listing are different, and he has now ended the listing, it said $99 in the starting bid and it said in the body you can have one for a $1000, having your email in the listing is not a sign of a scam, heck I have done it hundreds of times, and I am not a scammer, he closed the listing and I would suspect he will list it again, you guys are so afraid of getting taken, that sometimes, you don't read.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that it is a hijacked account. Look at the difference between the listings for the figurines in the feedback from buyers and the recently listed $99 electronic and photo goods.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think Rich is on the money actualy. eBay typicaly does not allow the option to sell an item outside the auction listing because this both prevents them from getting their cut and open bidders to scams which then could be linked the eBay in some way. I'm no expert on eBay though, so make your own decisions if he relists it.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    I think that it is a hijacked account. Look at the difference between the listings for the figurines in the feedback from buyers and the recently listed $99 electronic and photo goods.

Best,
    Helen
    See, I wouldn't have even though about checking that.

- Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin