Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,244   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, out of curiosity/boredom I removed the Satin Snow screen today. In my case it is secured by 2 spring metal clips to the underside of the hood which is secured by 4 small screws. I don't have calipers but my screen appears to measure 56mm x 62mm x 2mm. It will certainly fit as there is enough extra play in the tension clips to possibly even accomodate 2.5-3mm thickness. Whether or not the 2mm screen throws something slightly out of focus I couldn't say but I'm fairly certain that the previous owner did not do any other adjustments to accomodate the Satin Snow screen.

I've been very pleased with the photos from the camera in terms of sharpness. The mirror in my camera appears to be fairly clean so as I previously mentioned, the screen still leaves a lot to be desired in terms viewing brightness indoors even if it is better than the stock screen.

The Finger Lakes Region of New York State
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Guy. Well, maybe I'll give it a shot. It's not like the Satin Snow is anywhere near expensive! cheers and thanks everyone for the content!
    doug

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Sure Slow SatinSnow

I paid for my satin snow screen on june 26th and here it is July 30th and still no screen. About 3 weeks ago I did write to the guy and ask how long it would take and he said he was making it "next week". It is just a little piece of glass for crying out loud. Surely he has a piece sitting around to cut to size. It really isn't so much the long long time it takes to get the glass from him, it is that he doesn't communicate unless prompted. He didn't even acknowledge that he had received payment from my paypal account untill I wrote him 3 weeks later to inquire.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dpurdy,

It states on our website that we currently are running between 5-7 weeks for shipping screens, as the number 1 screen in the world and it is all handmade it does sometimes take us a bit of time to get orders out, you received a confirmation from paypal that the order had been placed didn't you?

I will refund your purchase and you can seek a screen elsewhere, I have been doing this for a couple of years now and all of my over 10K customers have been please with our product, but I will refund your purchase and then move on.

Thanks for your order, I am sorry we could not fullfill you needs.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dennis,

Your purchase has been refunded, I again, am sorry I was unable to fullfill your requirements.

I do the screen orders in the order they are received....

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What a jerk. Why not just tell me that when I wrote you 3 weeks ago. Now five minutes after i post true info about you you cancel the order. What a stinken jerk you are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy
    What a jerk. Why not just tell me that when I wrote you 3 weeks ago. Now five minutes after i post true info about you you cancel the order. What a stinken jerk you are.
    Dennis,

Thank you for your kind words, sorry, I was not able to fullfill your requirements, your money has been refunded, so I don't know what else there is to say, I didn't live up to your requirements, I gave your money back, you are not out anything, and I am the jerk? By the way, I have just checked through my emails and other than your order, I don't see an email from you? Not saying you didn't send one, but I don't find it in my orders or my inbox?

Sorry.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy
    It's not as if Dave sits around the office sipping Heinekens all day...he has many, many orders to fill and doesn't have a staff of secretaries to placate the impatient customer. I, too, was such a customer once....I was impatient (8 weeks waiting) and told him so, and also complained that he needed to be more responsive to customer relations. BUT!!.....our communication was by private message and email. I did not, and would not have ever considered making my concerns a public issue. In the end, Dave took my concerns seriously, filled my order and I've liked and respected him since. The GG is first rate (and less expensive than two decent martinis just about anywhere) and well worth the wait.

I don't know where you're from Mr. Purdy, but you're acting like the kind of New Yorker I prefer not to have much to do with.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I rarely write in the defense of someone regarding something as personal as this discussion (especially when he is known to be a big boy who can defend himself), but since it is public I'd like to say something.

Dave did good for me -- I placed my order, waited about the advertized wait, and then received a package in the mail. What more can one ask, especially when the SatinSnow web site is totally up-front about the time to deliver, etc. It's too bad the purchase didn't work out the way you wanted it to, dpurdy... it's a nice piece of GG and a great price!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think dpurdy was within his rights to say "WTF?" I always get weirded out if I wait 5 weeks for something and I never get confirmation from the seller. SatinSnows attitude of "We don't want your money cos you bitched" is enough to turn me off their product. But that's just me.And I had been reading this thread cos I was going to order for my Rollei and LF cameras.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin