Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,400   Online: 1120

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    I think dpurdy was within his rights to say "WTF?" I always get weirded out if I wait 5 weeks for something and I never get confirmation from the seller. SatinSnows attitude of "We don't want your money cos you bitched" is enough to turn me off their product. But that's just me.And I had been reading this thread cos I was going to order for my Rollei and LF cameras.

ineffablething,

He did get confirmation, I never said I didn't want his money, I just said because he was not happy, I returned his money, we fill every single order as fast as we can, this is a small company that has a massive amount of orders and everything is hand made to the specifications that the customer wants, and we even exchange the order when the customer does not specifiy what camera or measurments he/she requires, I don't have an attitude, I have a business and do understand, sometimes, we are not going to fullfill those needs, so I gave the guys money back, he is not out anything at all...I am sorry, I don't quite understand, I use a paypal order system, which sends out a confirmation when an order is placed, I work very hard to get the orders out as fast as I possibly can and I always answer emails when they are sent to me, I appriciate every single order we get, and get those orders out, I have always made an extra effort to keep people updated on shipping times on our website, I really don't know what more I can do? If you have any suggestions, I would welcome them as I am always working on ways to improve our service. I am sorry, with the changing state of affairs in the analog photography arena, I am not trying to dupe anyone at all, it is currently July 31st and we have currently taken 12,386 individual orders this year, and I currently have about 200 I still have to produce, if orders stopped today, I would be caught up in about 4 weeks.

As simple email from this person would have got an answer and taken care of the situation...sorry that you feel my attitude is wrong, but I just do them in the order they come in, and again, he DID get confirmation of his order...perhaps it didn't arrive, once it is sent out, I can't control most of the things that could prevent it from being delivered.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My purchase experience was 100% enjoyable and was delivered within the time frame advertised.

Dave's wife answered some last minute questions and sealed the deal.

Thanks Dave, great product.

Mike

The Finger Lakes Region of New York State
    Shooter
    35mm
    Dave et al,
    Well, I just really wanted to know about experiences with SatinSnow and Rolleiflex TLRs...thanks for everyone who stayed on topic, and I'm sorry this thread became a session for belly-aching.

I will comment that, having lived in other countries at various points in my life, I've come to realize that *some* folks from the US *sometimes* go overboard in their expectations of customer service. The customer is not always right, and a businessperson has the right to ask for respect, especially when that person is up front about issues of timing (as SS's web site is).

Furthermore, I think it was really bad form to hijack this thread with a complaint best left to private email. The internet has done so much for us in terms of allowing us to contact and exchange with a wide variety of people all over (and brought communities like this out of the back pages of photo magazines) but the price it has extracted is a bit of our civility.

Sorry about the soapbox, but I started the thread and felt the right to comment on the direction it took.

doug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dreilly
    Dave et al,
    Well, I just really wanted to know about experiences with SatinSnow and Rolleiflex TLRs...thanks for everyone who stayed on topic, and I'm sorry this thread became a session for belly-aching.
    Well that's why I have been following this thread too. I have a Yashica 635 that I might want to change the screen, and a Rolleicord or two that might get the same. The Yashica screen seems extra dim, like the first generation Rolleiflex in my "to rebuild" box, and since the 635 is in all other aspects truely excellent shape, I plan on using it and might want a new screen. So I've been keeping track of this to see what opinions are out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've now ordered two screens from SS - 9x12cm for my old plate camera and 4x5 with cut corners for my monorail. The 2nd screen came faster but I assume a 4x5 screen is more likely to be in stock than a custom screen.

SS are a great product, especially when you consider the 10-fold price difference compared to the Maxwell screen for my Rolleiflex SL66. Speaking of Bill Maxwell, he's a nice guy too but you'll wait a long time for his product too if its not in stock.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin