Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,212   Online: 1178

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244
    course if it were me, I'd just have a 120 back :P lol.
    Same for me. But of course you understand that eleven years ago that-famous-auction-site was long way to come, and so was the digital thing, thus a Mamiya back was priced 1 month's salary. Nor the MAC folks were around to warn me that I was risking to destroy the whole thing and take awfully defocused pictures.

So, I just decided by myself to give a try to the 220 back which came with the camera, and see what happened. Since then, I have even forgot that I had in mind to buy a 120 back, and spent my cash on something else.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti
    Same for me. But of course you understand that eleven years ago that-famous-auction-site was long way to come, and so was the digital thing, thus a Mamiya back was priced 1 month's salary. Nor the MAC folks were around to warn me that I was risking to destroy the whole thing and take awfully defocused pictures.

So, I just decided by myself to give a try to the 220 back which came with the camera, and see what happened. Since then, I have even forgot that I had in mind to buy a 120 back, and spent my cash on something else.

Course if i am not mistaken, now days you can get a 120 back for down to 50$ if not cheaper from keh.com , but I guess a 220 6x4.5 back makes sense if you were wanting more exposures ( tho I cant see shooting 6x4.5 on a 6x7 camera ).
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Funny how things like this come up. I just rec'd an RB67 kit from KEH last week. However, the back was a 220 back, even though the label on the bag it was in (and my order) was for a 120 back. I called them up and they set aside a 120 back for me to exchange.

I don't use any 220 film, and it just seemed to me that a 120 back was the way to go. KEH offered no resistance. They didn't try to convince me that I could use 120 film in the 220 back, for instance. Of, course, I didn't expect them to, they are pretty good for customer service.

Anyway, the timing of this thread was kind of interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Funny how things like this come up. I just rec'd an RB67 kit from KEH last week. However, the back was a 220 back, even though the label on the bag it was in (and my order) was for a 120 back. I called them up and they set aside a 120 back for me to exchange.

I don't use any 220 film, and it just seemed to me that a 120 back was the way to go. KEH offered no resistance. They didn't try to convince me that I could use 120 film in the 220 back, for instance. Of, course, I didn't expect them to, they are pretty good for customer service.

Anyway, the timing of this thread was kind of interesting.
    Well funny considering I got my RB67 a lil over a month ago

I Got the Body, 90mm f/3.8C , 180mm f/4.5, 120 back, polaroid back, prism, WLF, and overnight shipping for 310$

I thought about a 220 6x4.5 back since it was less than 30$ , but when you got over 100 120 rolls, and only two 220s it didnt make too much sense, especially when I can borrow a 220 back from my work.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin