Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,780   Online: 714

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax 645 battery holder?

I've had the good fortune to be given a Pentax 645 medium format camera for free. Only problem, the grip is missing the battery holder. I'm having a hard time locating a battery holder - B&H sells one for the 645N, but I don't know if it will fit this older model. Can anyone suggest a source for the battery holder of the older Pentax 645 model? Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try KEH in Atlanta.
    Christopher Lauritzen Photography

Long live film!
    www.vividpaper.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There were some going through the auction site recently and they went for what I felt were rather low final bids. If you have the time and patience, I imagine they pop up from time to time. I just took a look now as I write this and there aren't any listed but there's an over-priced full grip assembly on there.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    35mm

Have looked and still can't find the battery holder

I've looked and looked on e-bay and elsewhere. The only thing I can find is at B&H - an overpriced ($209.95) grip and it's backordered. KEH doesn't have any. I'm going to have to scour the junked cameras and pawnshops to buy a "parts" 645.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you try Pentax? I think they still offer repairs for these cameras so parts should be available.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lee,

Yes, I just called Pentax this morning and the battery holder is on its way! I will now be adding 645 medium format to my Nikon manual focus photography.

Thanks.

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you'll enjoy the P645. Great lenses and ergonomics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another vote for calling Pentax... They are really helpful. They totally reconditioned my 645 to factory specs....... It was spendy, but worth it.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin