Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,876   Online: 990

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I junked the original focus screen and bought a Maxwell Hi-Lux which is wonderful.

The only trick to using the tilt is it doesn't work at infinity. You have to rack the focus out a bit but you'll find you don't need very much tilt. Then I focus to the midpoint of near and far, or thereabouts and use the depth of field preview to pick my aperture.

For many types of landscape shots I find I'm able to gain 2-3 stops vs just stopping down to get the necessary DoF. Which is great if there's a breeze and also puts the f/stop of the lens to around f/8 - its sweet spot.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I absolutely LOVE my SL66E...

But I am strange - I have three lenses (50-80-150mm) for it, but rarely use them....

In stead I love the fact, that I can fit really old "crappy" lenses on it, due to the bellows.
    A small petzval stuck in a cardboard, and fixed on the camera with duct tape....

Or a small landscape meniscus type lens...
    Not many Mf cameras can accept those lenses so easily..

attached three images:
    First a landscape lens
    Second a petzval..
    How the landscape meniscus lens contraption looks....

Addictive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancaster-prag-02.jpg   swirl01.jpg   rollei-me3.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Germanotero,

pick a Rollei High*D-Screen from the later 6008 or Hy6 if you should ever have the chance. I also found my old screen to be a pain, but shot a like new D*Screen on Ebay some years ago. It does also fit the SL66 and is amazingly bright.

Greetz, Benjamin

By the way, can someone lend me 18.000 bucks? :-D I started to doubt that this lens does exist at all, but here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rollei-Planar-12...item255e85d40b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin