Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,595   Online: 954

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ikonta 521 is a nice camera. Tiny, isn't it when you consider its medium format?

The difference between 520 and 521 is addition of double exposure prevention. I have a 521/16 (6x6) sitting in my repair box that needs some shutter service. Its a nice one with an Opton Tessar 75/3.5. Its quite a bit bigger though than the 521.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliH
    In the Leather says only Zeiss Ikon, but in the body, I finally found it, is 518/16. What do those numbers mean? And I can't stop wondering the really beautiful condition of this, it really looks that this has never been used. It looks like brand new.
    518/16 means you have a signal nettar. There is a hole in the top plate that tells you if you have advanced the film after your last shot. 517/16 means you have to guess or just double expose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs
    51x are the Nettar model numbers (52x Ikonta, 53x Super Ikonta)

No / = 6x4.5
    /16 = 6x6
    /2 = 6x9
    and a "/18"?

*L*

tim in an jose (owner of a 127 Nettar)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are more "slash numbers" too for many obsolete formats - my McKeowns is packed at the moment though.
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike you pose an interesting question or rather point.

I've used 6x6 then later (1984 onwardrs) the 6x4.5 format and thought of them as medium format.

But then using AP25 and APX25 in a 6x9 back on my 5x4 I've thought of them as large format.

The 645 format is good but hasn't the quality of 6x9 or larger, and that's the quality I'm after all the time for my landscape work.

Having said that 6x4.5 is excellent for my commercial work, just haven't tried the Ikonta yet, but the lens is very clean and the shutter works perfectly I think it has APX100 loaded :-)

Ian

Ikonta 521 is a nice camera. Tiny, isn't it when you consider its medium format?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x9 is not without issues though - film flatness can be a real problem, exasperated on folding cameras because unfolding the lens sucks the film out from the pressure plate.

I bet I can make a sharper print from an excellent 6x6 of 6x4.5 camera like a Hassy or Rolleiflex than most 6x9 cameras.
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are more "slash numbers" too for many obsolete formats - my McKeowns is packed at the moment though.

A /18 is a 127 format 4x4. Yep, I have one of those and it takes OK photos.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin