Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,116   Online: 1045

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hasselblad and studio lights

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out how to connect my Hasselblad 503cw to my studio light. I use a monolight (Photogenic 1250), and have Pocket Wizards (wireless trigger). I would like to use my hassey for some of my portrait work. Is it just a matter of buying the right sync cord, or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!!

- Macy
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sync cord goes on the lens not the body. You just need a cord with the mini plug (transmiter) on one end and the standard round plug (lens) on the other.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Medium Format

503cw flash

the 503cw has a special cord in addition to the pc on the lens that connects the flash to the body, so you have actually two cords, one to the lens/and flash and one to the body and flash-this allows the special TTL stuff to work. I have not tried to get a long cord for the flash/body connection, but I am sure the hassy people will LOVE to sell you one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But, with the monolight all you need is the synch cord. The ttl stuff is for use with the blad & metz units.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks so much!! I'll give it shot. (I feel dumb - of course the cord would connect to the lens and not the body...) :o
    Macy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by herb
    the 503cw has a special cord in addition to the pc on the lens that connects the flash to the body, so you have actually two cords, one to the lens/and flash and one to the body and flash-this allows the special TTL stuff to work. I have not tried to get a long cord for the flash/body connection, but I am sure the hassy people will LOVE to sell you one.
    That double cord is necessary with a dedicated flash system, for true OTF (Off The Film) exposure. Hasselblad dedicated "on-camera" flash units will work, such as (naturally) the Hasselblad ProFlash and the later (? - forgot the model). Some other flash units, made by Metz, Sunpack... (who else is out there") will work with dedicated "SCA" modules.

There IS a "Studio Flash" that can be controlled through the 503 Cx/Cw sensor - made by Braun. A beautiful, digitally controlled unit. When I hit the lottery, I'll buy one.

Otherwise, all that is necessary is a standard PC-to-whatever flash cord, from the lens PC connector to the flash unit.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you Ed!
    Macy

Shooter
    Large Format
    No such thing as a stupid question but we reserve the right to give stupid answers.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin