Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,254   Online: 748

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shutter (stuck) Locked!!! Mamiya C330 Help!!

First, never let anyone borrow your equipment....
    Second and more importantly, if you do, make sure you have time to test it when you get it back...... Ugh!!!!!!

The little lock knob is clearly pushed forward, yet, it still will not move... When I lock it, it restricts the movement a little more than unlocked, but either way, it will not trip... I can release the shutter with the tab, on the lens itself but not from the body....

Anyone?

The lens change knob is set on lock... Its on single exposure... I can remove the lens or replace and it still won't budge.. I have also tried it with film loaded....

Please help, I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow. Its not my primary camera but I really enjoy using it for key shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    usually unlocks as you open the back door.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have problems remembering to lock the lens change knob after switching a lens set. Shutter won't fire unless the lens is locked down. A red needle is apparent in the view screen, too, in this case.

Hope you get it straightened out soon.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, if there isn't any film in the camera, the shutter release won't work if the multiple exposure switch is in the "single" position even though the film advance has been cranked.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Kobin, I don't think thats the issue... Maybe there is just something "sticky" that will fix itself throughout the day... I'll just be using it for ambiant shots, so, I'll just trip the shutter on the lens itself.....

Time for a CLA and a little repair, I guess....

JP

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin