Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,602   Online: 888

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    I have no Holgas but rather like the effect. I use a homemade bendy lens - interesting results. And yes, this is just a fad for me but it is an enjoyable one!
    see http://boxesbellows.blogspot.com/
    I like those results
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronicaguy
    Holga's are a fad - and that's it. Like tattoos, the Rubic's cube, and Cabbage Patch dolls.

In a few years all Holgas will have taken their rightful place - the trash.
    Holgas are a pretty long running fad, if thats what they are. I like my holga, for different reasons than my 8x10. For 17 bucks its hard to beat, if you like what they do. If you don't, I don't see a reason to knock it. I have seen fantastic pictures come from holgas, but they certainly aren't West Coast. Maybe thats kinda nice, sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You said it Marko: "there all plastic, plastic lens, viggeting LIGHT LEAKS? 2 shutter speeds and apetures?"

Yes, but those are just a small part of it.

And I really do not understand people getting so nervous or terrified or ever scared about Holgas. What can be so scary in a little plastic box? Why do you care, or why should people explain? Why do you shoot on that little 35 mm format ?

I don't care what camera people use, the result is what matters. And the fact that we, people, are different and enjoy different things, is just a good thing.
    - Heli

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliH
    \
    Why do you shoot on that little 35 mm format ?
    Because i cant afford equivelent quality Mf bodies and lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliH
    = What can be so scary in a little plastic box? .
    The plastic box! My pentax body is all metal outsideeven the film counter.
    Mabye thats why it lasted 20 years
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Charlie the Tuna would have something to say on the topic.

but for the normal person, why would you buy one? there all plastic, plastic lens, viggeting LIGHT LEAKS? 2 shutter speeds and apetures?
    I don't classify myself as a normal person, so I can see the benefits of using a Holga. If you have the vision to see when to use one they're the perfect tool.

Your comments on your all metal camera are totally specious. The material a camera is made out of has no bearing on it's worth for making images. In fact, some people actually have cameras made from WOOD of all things. At least I don't have to worry about termites or carpenter ants with my plastic camera.

I still have my Kodak Starmite from 1960, and my Brownie from 1956 - both made from plastic - and both making your camera a relative youngster. Proving ...?? about plastic as a material?

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Holgas -- they are dirt cheap, and they allow people to get their feet wet with medium format - nothing wrong with that, since we need to buy medium format film to keep production going. I agree with the other posts, that Holgas are fun because of their poor quality, and the often surprising results.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful material, plastic. People have sailed and flown around the world in it. I think I will go lie on the bottom of the pool now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve
    I don't classify myself as a normal person, so I can see the benefits of using a Holga. If you have the vision to see when to use one they're the perfect tool.

Your comments on your all metal camera are totally specious. The material a camera is made out of has no bearing on it's worth for making images. In fact, some people actually have cameras made from WOOD of all things. At least I don't have to worry about termites or carpenter ants with my plastic camera.

I still have my Kodak Starmite from 1960, and my Brownie from 1956 - both made from plastic - and both making your camera a relative youngster. Proving ...?? about plastic as a material?
    Wood is a very good material for lf
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Holga's are the poor persons digital.

You get all these artsy effects and you don't even have to buy photoshop.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin