Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,767   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shall open her up again Zhenya and recheck the mirror.

Thanks, I owe ya a beer!

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mike,

the easiest and safest way to adjust a mirror is to press on its silvery surface through a layer of lens wiping tissues, or wearing new photo gloves - never with bare hands, the mirror is silvered on its outer surface/ Okay, that's not really silver, it's aluminium - but these mirrors are quite delicate nevertheless. A final touch should be a piece of cottonwool on a bamboo skewer - moisten the mirror with breath, and wipe carefully away all the marks Blow out the dust before reassembling.

Check well the position of focusing hood after putting it down - it should lie perfectly flat against camera's body, don't force anything with screws. If it's not even, you should put the underside metallic flaps of the hood in their grooves on the sides of mirror. That's easy to achieve by sliding the hood down on these "rails".

I hope that it should work - cheers, Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well Zhenya, I rechecked the mirror alignment and made sure the top plate was correctly set and it still registers out of focus at infinity. Is there a way to reset the lens without getting into the camera's guts?
    I'm using the Blick for now. I shall email you Saturday and give you the results of Yashica & Blick.

Thanks for your time,
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you checked the focus of the taking lens? If it is off, then you will need to adjust it and change where the knob clamps to the focus shaft. For the viewing lens normally you need to remove the front covers. Remove the pleather from around the lenses, then find the screws to remove the 2 covers. You should see a screw that holds the viewing lens from turning. Loosen that screw, and then you can match the viewing lens to the taking lens. Tighten the screw, and replace the covers and pleather.

Another thing to note is that if your ground glass is installed incorrectly, then your viewing lens focus is going to be wrong.

Removing the pleather may not be very easy, I finished stripping my Yashica 635 today, it's getting a leather make-over very soon. And I'll service the shutter while I'm at it, and check the focus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin