Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,349   Online: 758

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Sell Sell Sell. I delt with them on a corporate level. I REALY dont like them. The Hassy will out live Laura Ashley Ltd.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought my Hasselblad body and back new and all four of my lenses used. New Hassy equipment comes with a 3 year warranty. If you're using it to make money, this can be really important.

It has served me well for more than 10 years now with no repair, and I've beaten it up pretty well. By acquiring my equipment this way, I conservatively estimate that I saved at least $7,500 over the cost of new lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Used Hassie Gear

Insofar as I'm aware, whether you buy your equipment new or used, if you're using it to generate income and it's considered a "reasonable, necessary expense" the IRS says it's deductible. [Or, my accountant's motto is 'when in doubt, deduct]. :>)

And while new gear with a 3 year warranty is great, I actually prefer using my heavily used, but regularly maintained, equipment, lenses, bodies and backs to shoot assignments. Everything goes through the shop and gets a CLA once a year. Interestingly, I can't recall over the last umpteen years when the shop has actually found anything significant to fix in any of the equipment and I KNOW that's not a testimonial to the way I shoot but rather the way Hasselblad makes their equipment.

Parts....line 1, parts......
    Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Feldstein
    Interestingly, I can't recall over the last umpteen years when the shop has actually found anything significant to fix in any of the equipment and I KNOW that's not a testimonial to the way I shoot but rather the way Hasselblad makes their equipment.
    If ever the phrase "built like a brick shithouse" should be a applied to a product line, it should be applied to Hasselblad's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SELL SELL SELL....i like my 503CW...i had the winder on it but took it off...i shoot weddings as well....you can't beat the BLAD and Carl Z lens......go for it..what do you have to loose...not like your buying a digital and will be out dated with in months of buying...get the HASSY.................wayne

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin