Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,574   Online: 930

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    Marko,

It doesn't help people (or your credibility) for you to give out misinformation. I have two 75mm f:4.5 enlarging lenses, one made in Japan for Omega (Omicron-EL), and another from Isco in Germany. This wasn't too uncommon a focal length for 6x6 enlargers at one time.

Lee
    I agree, Lee.

I have a 75mm/4.5 Ektar that is a five element design and every bit as sharp as my six element 80mm/5.6 Componon.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And Rodenstock makes a 75mm APO lens. I guess thier top of the line MF lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Rick,

You can't find it because Jeff is running the same thread in 2 different threads, the medium format and the 35mm forums. It has gotten a bit confusing with people participating in one or the other.

Here is the other thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/30424-prime-lens-quality-12-x-16-enlargements.html

Rich
    Thanks Rich.
    Took a little searching but I found it. Thought I was having an almost senior moment. (sounds better than a flashback...)
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    And Rodenstock makes a 75mm APO lens. I guess thier top of the line MF lens.
    Nick,

Unless things have changed Rodenstock offers the 75mm f4.5 Rogonar S for 6X6 lens for enlarging. If you are referring to the 75mm f4.0 Apo Rodagon D 1X and the 75mm f4.5 Apo Rodagon D 2X these are duplicating lenses intended for .8-1.2X for 6X6 and 1.2-2.5X for 6X7 cameras. I have the 2 75mm Apo Rodagon D lenses for usage for close-up/macro work for use on 35mm and 4X5.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All I know is the US rep for Rodenstock jumped on me for saying all the top of the line MF lenses are 80mm. He was talking about the N not the D model of the lens. But this was a few years back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace
    I agree, Lee.

I have a 75mm/4.5 Ektar that is a five element design and every bit as sharp as my six element 80mm/5.6 Componon.
    My mistake
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    All I know is the US rep for Rodenstock jumped on me for saying all the top of the line MF lenses are 80mm. He was talking about the N not the D model of the lens. But this was a few years back.
    Nick,

No problem. Presuming I have the latest .pdf download of the Rodenstock enlarging lenses from Linos, the current offering appears to be the 80mm f4.0 Apo Rodagon N for 6X7.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No worries. I guess they kept hearing from people like me saying 75mm wasn't the good stuff -))

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    I must gently disagree with Roger over the question of d

However, in many ways your question is irrelevant since you should be trying to satisfy yourself and not the gallery visitors. I rather get the impression that you want us to provide the excuse for you to embark on the purchase of MF goodies, but that must come from within.
    On the contrary. My inclination is to sell the MF stuff and buy high quality prime lenses for 35mm but I can't help feeling that I should strive for higher technical quality alongside the elusive creative element. Also I am finding that lugging MF equipment up onto the hills is a bind that would be eased by carrying lighter equipment but am bothered at potentially compromising quality too much.
    I take the point that I should take pictures for my own satisfaction.
    Cheers
    Jeff

[QUOTE=df cardwell]A 12 x 16 image from Delta 400 or 100 ( or Kodak T Max films )
    is well within the reach of a competent photographer. It isn't THAT hard, and lots of folks can do it.

Can you tell the difference between prints made in MF and 35, side by side ? Well, sure. Does that make the 35mm image inferior ? Of course not. Does that make MF superior ? No.

Here's the unspoken reality: you can make superb images from 35 in conditions that are impossible to make ANY image from MF.

When and where you make pictures is the real question.
    Sunny days on a tripod, MF.
    Handheld at twilight, 35mm.
    In between, that's up to you.

Thanks for reminding me that it's all a compromise and MF is as much a compromise as 35mm.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin