Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,266   Online: 998

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace
    I thought for a minute I was going insane. I answered this thread already today, and it doesn't show up. The same thread appears on 35mm forum and medium format forum too. I answered the thread on 35mm forum.

1. size matters. always.

2. When in doubt, see point #1.

Rick
    I put it on 35mm and MF forums because I assumed I would get answers from 35mm and MF users each with their own point of view.
    Sorry to confuse.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff,

The question of handheld at twilight can or can almost be approached by a Mamiya 7/7II. The one drawback is the speed of the lenses, however, a monopod would probably make that possible. Additionally, a Rolleiflex TLR or like could also very possibly be used under these low light conditions as the Mamiya 7/7II but would only have the option of a single rather than an assortment of lenses.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    Marko,

It doesn't help people (or your credibility) for you to give out misinformation. I have two 75mm f:4.5 enlarging lenses, one made in Japan for Omega (Omicron-EL), and another from Isco in Germany. This wasn't too uncommon a focal length for 6x6 enlargers at one time.

Lee
    Darn it Lee, ya had to go and spoil it for me! I figured that, if they didn't exist, the 2 I have would suddenly be worth a fortune.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what's better?

there is always something 'better'?

prime over zoom
    mf over 35mm
    4x5 over mf
    and on and on boringly

just do the best of what you want to do using what you've got

sure, a 16x20 view camera making only contact prints is (???) the ultimate, but try doing candid street photography

so a 16x20 enlargement from 35mm is not pin sharp, who has good enough eye sight to notice from the appropriatte viewing distance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin