Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 823

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Mamiya 645 Super shutter question.

I can operate the shutter with the back off but with an empty back in place the shutter won't release except at the 1/60 default setting. Dark slide out and new battery installed. Is this normal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried with it set to multiple exposure? That is sometimes needed to trigger an unloaded 645. Of course, I have no idea why it does shoot at 1/60. Do you have another back to test it with, in case it is a problem with the wiring in the back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My older M645 needs to be in multi exposure to fire. I am not too sure about the super with it's removable back.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok, it fires in multi position. I'll test it with a roll next.

Paul, the 1/60 is the default position that works when the battery goes bad. It's the yellow dot at the switch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Ok, it fires in multi position. I'll test it with a roll next.

Paul, the 1/60 is the default position that works when the battery goes bad. It's the yellow dot at the switch.
    I recall, I never used it myself. I do wonder why that would make a difference, however.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin