Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,133   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 46mm film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Is 46mm the same size as 127 with, or without the perfs?
    I'm not sure how far the perfs intrude into the image area, but 46mm = 46mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs
    Does this 46mm film come without perforations?
    I just bought a fixxer upper grey baby Rollei so cheap 127 is becoming relevant in my little world
    Mike, It does come without perfs and shows up fairly regularly on the auction site. I've never seen anything other than color portrait films (Agfa & Kodak,) but would love to get my hands on a few hundred feet of E-6 and B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    I'm not sure how far the perfs intrude into the image area, but 46mm = 46mm.

Mike, It does come without perfs and shows up fairly regularly on the auction site. I've never seen anything other than color portrait films (Agfa & Kodak,) but would love to get my hands on a few hundred feet of E-6 and B&W.
    I can set you up with several hundred feet of expired kodalith (single perf) if you wish. On very rare occasions you might find outdated regular B&W 46mm film. It was in the big yeller catalog till a couple of years ago.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kovacs
    Does this 46mm film come without perforations?

I just bought a fixxer upper grey baby Rollei so cheap 127 is becoming relevant in my little world
    Thanks to inspiration from Donald Qualls, I have started feeding my Yashica44 with cut down 120 film. I mount it on my wood lathe and measure it with an existing piece of 127 film. Take the fabric rotary cutter, make the slice, and re-roll the film onto a 127 spool.

Getting the 127 spools is the hard part. I have about a half dozen so that limits how much film I have ready at any one time. So far, I have only done Tri-X but there is PanF in my 127 future. I suspect that camera and PanF will be winners. If you do your own E-6 processing, Ektachromes or slow speed Fujichromes would probably be smashing with your Baby.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    I can set you up with several hundred feet of expired kodalith (single perf) if you wish. On very rare occasions you might find outdated regular B&W 46mm film. It was in the big yeller catalog till a couple of years ago.

tim in san jose
    Tim,
    I'd like to take you up on that. I can trade 100' of fresh 46mm Portra 160NC for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This doesn't come in chrome I assume. ^_^;;

My poor Yashica 44 is in such a need of service but I don't want to until I can get 127 slides again.

I should also learn to dev chromes first too. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin