Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,694   Online: 677

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the pictures grom the Ansco Shur Flash box camera we passed around the country last year. Lots of nice stuff from this beat up cardboard wonder.

Http://nelsonfoto.com/v/index.php

Scroll down toward the bottom of the threads.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Boxcamera anonymous.
    Well,this does not sound as if you were fond of this sort of exposing film?

Actually it had been a quite interesting experience to go back to the camera I once started with at the age of 8, almost shocking how little technology is needed to get a decent neg, after all these years of believing in the "better" gadget !

Tho never ever having been myself one of those gear nuts this mad me thoughtful anyway about what role at all the gadget should play for me. Still less than I had thought, I'd say now.

Best,
    bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    All though I am not a user of box cameras I am not against them. The orginization, to which I do not belong, is dedicated to helping those that have come to realize that they are powerless to help themselves in the presence of a box camera and that there exist a higher power that will help them to eliminate this addiction..actually there are a total of 12 steps.

I believe that the acid test is this: Can you load a box camera with a roll of film and take 1 photo and remain comfortable or it is necessary for you to finish off the roll? If you are uncomfortable with the taking of a single exposure then it is wise for you to seek help.

Each person to their own form of gout. I myself qualify to be a member of PFA..Perforated Film Anonymous. Sadly, however, I have yet to hit bottom and I am at a point of being happy in my addiction.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh no Claire! I have failed the test miserably!!! Just one picture at a time? Is that possible? No shurely you jest?! after all, with my big ol' brownie I only get 5 images from an adapted 120 roll and doesn't it seam a waste to just capture "1" when you know there are 4 more calling your name and saying "go ahead Doug, there's only a couple more, what could it hurt??"
    Douglas Westphal

There are at least twelve steps between clicking the shutter and pulling the print out of the wash. Just repeat the process until you feel better.

I didn't realize you could put the cameras back together again after taking them apart. I disassembled one and the entire shutter/lens system was contained in a block of wood and some tin that could be taped to the front of a 4x5 lensboard. Fun to play with.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm with you. A few years ago I picked up an Ansco Shur Shot just for fun, and now it rides along with me everywhere!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No box cameras for me: I'm far too sophisticated for that. For me it's old folders. Voightlander Bessa, Rolfix 6x9 and a Moskva 5. Well, there is the Spectator 120 and the old Spartus 120 Box Cameras. But they see little use. May ten rolls each in the past year.

Last month, I'm standing on the pier in some small town in Maine focusing my Moskva and up comes this 30-something guy with his Canon Rebel XT...same model I used to illustrate my last two books...and says, "Haven't you ever heard of digital?"

"Shore have, Sonny," I said. "Ain't that a new cough syrup fer little tykes?"
    [COLOR=YellowGreen][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=3]Michael W. Graves[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=2]Michael's Pub[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin