Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,253   Online: 745

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

RB76 Backs & Baby Graphic

I have read that RB67 backs can be used with a Baby Graphic 23 that has a Graphloc back. Does that also hold true for an RB76 Polaroidback?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, I believe the Polaroid back requires an adapter to even use it on the RB67. It is my understanding that this adapter will not fit your Graflok back. The RB67 roll film holders fit and work perfectly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    While RB67 holders SHOULD fit ANY 2x3 GraflexGraphic with a Graflok (Heck the RB67 is a Japanese version of the RB Auto Graflex without the focal plane shutter, I have had the odd occasion where the Graflock back sliders where just a bit too tight. Most of the time they were Century Graphics. A file on the filmholder or a shim under the slider and it'll fit.

You had to remove the Graflok back on the RB (called the G adapter) to use the Polaroid back so those are a no go. But I think the HOrseman Polaroid back will fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The early RB67 backs (with no interlocks) work fine. Later ones that have the film wind and dark slide interlocks require a bit of modification.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A related point: in order to use RB67 backs on my Graflex XL I had to modify the sliding bars (filing a bit out at one end) or the bars fouled and wouldn't slide home. These backs are now maybe 6 years old; I can use even the 6x8 electric back eithout a problem.

I would be surprised if it were not the same for the Baby Graphic.

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin