Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,827   Online: 957

Shooter
    Multi Format

NIKON SB-24 on a medium-format camera

Dear Friends
    Do you suggest to use a Nikon SB-24 strobe as flash for a non-ttl medium-format camera (via pc)?
    I found one selling at very low price and I would like to get your comments. I like very much this flash since the head can turn in all directions.

Thanks for your replys

Pedro

Images
    I use a vivitar 283 on my non-ttl MF camera and it works fine. I used my dad's Nikon SB? (can't remember the number) on it too and it worked fine. You won't be able to use everything the nikon SB flashes can do, but it will flash on sync with your camera's sync speed.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an SB-24 I use with a Mamiya RB67ProS on occasion. It works great with a PC cord on either manual or automatic (but not TTL obviously). I have a wonderful handle-mount flash (Metz 60 CT4) but sometimes it is just too much to carry and the SB-24 works fine and is lots smaller.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've used an SB-24 on a Hasselblad many years ago. Worked well on automatic.

Don't have that rig anymore, upgraded to the SB-800.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin