Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,210   Online: 824

Shooter
    Multi Format

What's a fair price ?

There are 2 Yashica Mat's floating around town that might be up for sale. What would be a fair asking price for one in good working order?
    I can only go by what the going rate is on ebay.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Fair Price" is a very subjective thing...

What may be a fair price to you may not be to someone else. If both seller and buyer are satisfied, you pretty much have a fair price...don't you???

But, if one participant in the deal has the benefit of more or better information concerning the product or market, it sort of tips the scale a bit.

I bought my 124G about two years ago for about $90.00 US. I was satisfied and so was the seller. I've seen them selling for as high as $150.00 or so; but I'd never pay it...I once had the chance to pick up a D for $20.00, but didn't have the cash on me at the time...the seller was even going to throw in about ten rolls of 120 film...<sigh>...

Just my opinion, but if you got a Mat in very good to excellent condition for less than $100., you've probably done okay...under $70.00 and you've done well....

Shooter
    35mm
    Likewise
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks joeyk49.

There are a small number of B&W shooter's in town and we sort of all know each other or are familiar by sight. "Fair deals" among this group are a given. I wanted to get a ballpark figure to work with.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin