Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,158   Posts: 1,614,151   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did you do that adaptation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbrick
    I adapted both the Hasselblad PME45 and PME90 metered finders to my SL66. They are absolutely marvelous! Spot, average, and incident metering with both finders. Works like a charm.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollei fan
    How did you do that adaptation?
    [FONT=Courier New]There is no modification to the Hasselblad prisms. For each Hasselblad prism, I took an SL66 prism apart, removing the prism (top) from the base. Then removed the swivel mechanism so now I have only the bottom part of the SL66 prism, the part that mounts on the camera. I then milled out the SL66 mount so that the Hasselblad prism would sit down inside. I milled it as deep as I could without compromising the integrity of the metal but thin enough so that the screws would go through and engage in the Hasselblad prism.

I then unscrewed the chrome mounting shoe off of the bottom of the Hasselblad prism, set this part down in the SL66 mount, marked where the holes are (six holes), drilled the holes, then put the Hasselblad prism and chrome shoe into the SL66 mount, screwed the six Hasselblad screws into the Hasselblad prism from the bottom of the SL66 mount, and it's done. Actually, I countersank the screws to make it look nice.

The distance of the Hasselblad prism from the SL66 ground glass doesn't matter because the Hasselblad metered prisms have a focusing diopter. I can send pictures if you are interested. Also, you could send me a Rollei prism and a Hasselblad prism and for $75, I'll do all of the work and return a finished metering Rollei prism.

What started me doing this is that my Rollei prism was totally de-silvered and impossible to use. I picked up my Hasselblad prism and it looked like it would fit into the Rollei prism mount. So I took the Rollei prism apart and discovered that it could all be done with just a couple of hours of work. I first mounted my 90 deg. Hasselblad metered prism. I then asked around and found another bad (de-silvered) prism for $50, so I bought it and used it to mount my 45 deg Hasselblad metered prism.

My Hasselblad is a 205FCC which is all electronic, built-in meter and all of that, so my Hasselblad 45PME and 90PME were just sitting around. I have non-metered prisms for use on the 205. I was actually contemplating putting them on eBay until I got the idea of putting them on my Rollei SL66.

:-)

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin