Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,971   Online: 973

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hasselblad: What is the difference b/w a 503cw and a 503cx?

I have been looking at 503cw's and came across a 503cx. Is there any significant difference between the two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    I have been looking at 503cw's and came across a 503cx. Is there any significant difference between the two?
    Apart from the fact that the W has the larger, gliding mirror system (the X doesn't), a good place to look would be the photoethnography site. I'm guessing it might be a built-in meter or focal plane shutter (for the cx) but I'm just speculating wildly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    I only know one difference, but that doesn't mean there are more as I'm sure there are more. I do know that the CW can take a winder but the CX can't. The CXi *can* take the winder though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    503cw and 503cx both have ttl otf. 503cw can take the winder. 503cw has the gliding mirror system which is nice if you use a long lens. 503cx has a body-cocked indicator, the 503cw does not. The 503cx isn't as new as the 503cw (1990's I believe) I wanted the 503cw, settled for the 503cx. I'm very happy. With the money I saved, I purchased a back, waistlevel and put a good part down on a used 80mm planar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor
    503cw has the gliding mirror system which is nice if you use a long lens.
    ... or if you're doing anything even vaguely macro-like, which is not to say that it's just nicer... it makes it actually POSSIBLE to see more than half the frame.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin