Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,721   Online: 836

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Yashicas are great cameras. I have a D with Yashinons and the results are tack sharp. I also have an A that I paid $15 for. The Yashikor lenses are clean, and the shutter is crisp at all four of its speeds. At f11, it's really hard to tell the results apart from the yashinon.

Rick.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    I contacted Mark H. about a C.L.A and was quoted a price of $135.00 for complete repair and CLA plus $30.00 shipping. Almost the price of the mat124 G.

I will say that the shutter on my 635 (and from what I looked at the same applies to the mat that I have) is not the easiest to service. If it is just running a little slow, it might be worth doing it for yourself. It's not too hard to get down to the shutter and take the top off to add a little light oil to a couple of key bearings. For more than that, it looks to be more difficult than the Syncro-Compur in the Rollei's. I've had the Syncro-Compur apart before, but when I looked at the Copal, it looks difficult.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, and I'll sell you my Yashica-mat for $160.00

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the offer Greg but the 124 G seems to be firing on all cylinders. I can't understand why the folks at Mark H. quoted me a repair/C.L.A price when I informed them the camera was working well.
    Just finished a roll of Tri-X which I shall soup as soon as the lunch crowd vacates my lab (kitchen).

JMK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had my 125G out this morning at the beach...trying to get a shot or two of a decent sunrise. Alas, the camera cooperated, but mother nature didn't...

If the camera's in good shape and the price is right, I highly recommend snapping it up...you'll be hooked on it in no time flat!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some time ago, I worked for a studio that supplied its wedding photographers with Yashica TLR cameras. From what I remember, it was the film advance mechanism that frequently failed in the highly used and abused cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own a Yashica Mat that I love. It has a badly scratched taking lens (I got it cheap) and STILL it takes great pictures. One day I'll upgrade and get one with a mint lens, but I just got a Rollei SL66, so that will keep me happy for a while. STILL, the Yashica Mat is such a great camera. I think the scratches on my lens must be only on the coating since the photos still come out crisp and clear.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Winding on

Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus
    Some time ago, I worked for a studio that supplied its wedding photographers with Yashica TLR cameras. From what I remember, it was the film advance mechanism that frequently failed in the highly used and abused cameras.
    I once had a 124G and if I remember rightly (it's more than twenty years ago ) the film transport mechanism can be damaged by not folding the winding crank back down to the parked position after winding the film before firing the shutter.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My -mat will not fire the shutter unless the wind lever is rotated backwards to the start position, folding the lever does nothing. I assume that the 124G is similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Thanks for the offer Greg but the 124 G seems to be firing on all cylinders. I can't understand why the folks at Mark H. quoted me a repair/C.L.A price when I informed them the camera was working well.
    Just finished a roll of Tri-X which I shall soup as soon as the lunch crowd vacates my lab (kitchen).

JMK
    Mike,
    Most repairs are really incidental. There's as much work involved in a proper CLA as there is correcting a real fault.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin