Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,887   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 7ii

Thanks for all your help - it seems that this camera turned out it had been a 'demo' and it must have been damaged at some point. The salesperson at the shop sold it as a piece of 'new' gear when they should have sold it as a 'demo.' Aside from that it appeared to be in good shape (and indeed would have a MAC warranty), though I hadn't shot any film in it.

The shop owner has apologized profusely and offered to take the camera back with a full refund (including shipping - this outfit is really great and why I was willing to risk buying sight unseen) - and I intend to return it since my intention was to have something that was going to be reliable 'out of the box' and hence trying to buy new.

Again - thanks to everyone on this topic!

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a six year old Mamiya 7ii which does and always has closed easily and decisively albeit not terribly quietly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For those of you needing service on gray items, have an authorized Mamiya dealer send it to MAC. The logic is that if dealers take equipment in trade, they're not going to immediately know if its gray or not, and if MAC doesn't service stuff from their dealers, there's going to be a lot of very mad authorized Mamiya dealers out there. With margins on new equipment what they are, it wouldn't take long for such a policy to cause major problems for MAC if they enforced that policy on dealers.

Thats what I did with a gray lens and they serviced it without a peep. Expensive though, about $450 for a new shutter in a 80mm lens.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like I said there is a warrenty that will be honored in England. I can send it to the European Mamiya reps to have it fixed. Thing is I've had it for 6 years also, and not a hint of a problem. It is a work horse and I use it alot.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin