Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 7ii - New Purchase - Question

I just got delivery of a Mamiya 7ii camera, and was looking it over and noticed that the back of the camera didn't close cleanly - it snaps closed rather than smoothly closed like I am used to on my Nikon FM2.

(The store I bought it from is willing to take it back no questions asked, and since it is a rather large outlay I want to make sure this camera is OK)

I am concerned that something might be wrong with this camera on day one. Does anyone have any expereince with this camera that could shed light on the subject?

Can anyone help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both a Mamiya 7 II and a Mamiya 7.

Not sure what you mean my "snap" vs. "smoothly" -- care to describe this more?
    J Michael Sullivan
    Editor/Publisher, MAGNAchrom
    www.magnachrom.com

...SOMETIMES I SEE THINGS...

Mine does the same thing. Its a fairly large door with a lot of seal area and not having spoken to Mamiya, it seems reasonable.

--Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333
    I just got delivery of a Mamiya 7ii camera, and was looking it over and noticed that the back of the camera didn't close cleanly - it snaps closed rather than smoothly closed like I am used to on my Nikon FM2.

(The store I bought it from is willing to take it back no questions asked, and since it is a rather large outlay I want to make sure this camera is OK)

I am concerned that something might be wrong with this camera on day one. Does anyone have any expereince with this camera that could shed light on the subject?

Can anyone help?
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a type 7 body that closes with a good snap, looking at it I think it is opperating properly. It closes much more loudly than any of the smaller format cameras that I have. Might be normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Description of Mamiya "snapping" back cover

Following the directions in the manual...

With the back cover lock release button facing upward, we press both corners on the back cover to close. The manual states it should "click", but for us, it doesn't click, and we have to press quite hard to close the cover. When it is closing, it snaps shut, not even as good as a chintzy 35mm. If we don't press very hard, the cover will not close, and sometimes it won't close even if we press hard.

There is no information in the manual about doing anything other then pressing on the two corners of the back. We tried pressing the release button to loosen the latch hooks, but it made no difference.

Does this sound familiar?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm! I'd question that bad fitting back!! I have a 7 II and it just smoothly snaps shut--I guess it could need a little adjustment but then I ask--WHY??---I'd tread carefully on that one---other than your issue at hand I'd also check the RF focused at infinity (actually focused at approx. 3000 ft) to ensure that its not out of spec. (both Hor. and Ver. alignment) as well--mine was off and I adjusted it but I also got a decent buy on mine. It's a fine, fine camera---actually it's the optics that impress me so!!! My sharpest MF by far---above my hassy Glass and my RolleiFlex glass !! SHARP and CONTRASTY And handholdable too!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is the plate on the inside of the back cover in the appropriate position, with 120 showing for 120 film and/or 220 showing for 220? I don't know about pressing the corners, I think I usually press in the middle and it closes easily. I've had mine for about six years.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope your not paying "new" price---check the "Buy It Now" ebay prices for new from Hong Kong. Lens choices--The 80 is great and the 65 is a terrific mild wide---the 65 is my first choice!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JosBurke
    I hope your not paying "new" price---check the "Buy It Now" ebay prices for new from Hong Kong. Lens choices--The 80 is great and the 65 is a terrific mild wide---the 65 is my first choice!!
    The Hong Kong guy is very high, for their prices over there. I had a friend in Hong Kong pick mine up from Tin Cheung. the 43, 80, 150 lenses, the camera, and 508 sekonic light meter cost me with shipping and customs, $3700 brand new. It's warrenty is also good in England.

My camera closes nicely with a good snap. It does it withoug a lot of pressure.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    The Hong Kong guy is very high, for their prices over there. I had a friend in Hong Kong pick mine up from Tin Cheung. the 43, 80, 150 lenses, the camera, and 508 sekonic light meter cost me with shipping and customs, $3700 brand new. It's warrenty is also good in England.

My camera closes nicely with a good snap. It does it withoug a lot of pressure.
    Hi Aggie,

Just hope there is not a problem and you need to send the camera or lenses to MAC. As I understand it, they will not repair cameras brought into the US through any other source.

My Mamiya 7II also closes well with a good snap.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin