Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,016   Online: 885

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashica D focusing lens

How do I go about removing the focusing lens of my D ?
    The previous owner gave it a good whack and I am assuming she knocked the lens out of kilter. Do I peel/chip of the front cover and unscrew the plate?
    It's not worth sending away for a repair because it only set me back $17.00 and I have fixed cameras in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Send me an email at andrew@andrewnellesphoto.com

I have the factory repair guide in .pdf form somewhere on my computer. I'll send it to you. It has a schematic on how to tear everything apart.
    Andrew Nelles
    www.andrewnellesphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If there is a focus discrepancy between the two lens it may be due to the mirror behind the viewing lens coming loose. Remove the focusing screen and check to see if it is loose. I would do this first before attempting to disassemble the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And then of the mirror is in the right place, you would need to remove the pleather, and remove both cover plates to expose the screw on top of the viewing lens. Losen a small amount so that you can turn the lense. If you keep it stiff enough, you could put the camera back togther and still be able to turn the lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin