Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,664   Online: 1156

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yashica D repair update.

Well I disassembled the camera,tightened the focusing lens and cleaned everything. Even cleaned and rechecked the mirror and it's still out of focus. Dang!
    Now,at the end of my rope,my patience and my time I decided to use a Blik rangfinder to calibrate distance. Voila,it worked.
    Just developed a roll of Tri-X and it's tack sharp. It slows down my photography but I kind of enjoy the extra time for composition.

Thanks to Andrew Nelles for the exploded view of the Yash.D

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are nice cameras. Glad I could be of help.
    Andrew Nelles
    www.andrewnellesphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did a previous owner of the camera disassemble the viewing lens and get one of the elements in backwards? This could explain why everything looks OK but the lens doesn't focus properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never thought of that. heck,I could tell the camera had been taken apart before. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin