Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,175   Online: 1023

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks one and all for your replies.
    I'll start trawling the second hand photo dealers for Sekonic and Gossen series.
    Bit dodgy to buy of Ebay for sensitive items like lightmeters I think.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleyjeff
    Bit dodgy to buy of Ebay for sensitive items like lightmeters I think.
    Cheers
    Jeff
    Dam! I didn't know that, brought three that way so far, must be more careful in the future. :o
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Used Gossen Profisix SBC (also called LunaPro SBC, or something, elsewhere) meters come up on eBay often, and go for low prices. They are big, very sensitive ("possibly the most sensitive meter in common use"), use PP3-type 9-volt batteries and they can do incident and reflected readings. With an adaptor (also common on eBay) they can also do 15° and 7½° readings - not really spot, but usable.
    I also use the Profisix and the spot meter attachment (imaginatively called the ProfiSpot) has 1, 5 and 10 degree spot metering. The attachment is a bit of a lump and makes the meter look like a cine camera.
    The same battery has lasted 6 years plus it's nicely marked for zone and EV readings.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "I also use the Profisix and the spot meter attachment (imaginatively called the ProfiSpot) has 1, 5 and 10 degree spot metering.'

Yes, sorry. I forgot to mention the spot attachment as well as the cheaper, simpler 15° and 7½° Tele attachment. All that stuff is very cheap on eBay now.

Best,
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Dam! I didn't know that, brought three that way so far, must be more careful in the future. :o
    And they are accurate and reliable? :-)
    Cheers
    Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin