Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,909   Online: 1103

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moskva 5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrattan
    I have a Moskva-2. I like it but it does have a problem. One side of the negative is clearly 'off' though and part of the corner of the frame is occluded.

You can see it clearly on this negative scan. I suspect the pressure plate isn't holding it flat. Or, alternatively, I may have loaded the film slightly off so that it was running across the film gate at a slight angle.

On the other hand, the shots are extremely sharp.
    Could it be that part of the bellows is casting a shadow on that blackened area? The shape does look like a sagging below. It appears at the bottom of the frame, in the camera, that would have been on top- the area where the bellows can sag more. Look at the cameras back (cover off) and see if parts of the bellow can be seen sagging.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might try that, thanks. I'm going to run a test roll through it later this week and see what happens.

Incidentally, if I do need to beef up the pressure plate, anyone know the best way to do it? To increase the pressure and keep it even.
    Maybe you could stick a large piece of camera foam on the pressure plate to increase pressure.

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Moskva-2. I like it but it does have a problem. One side of the negative is clearly 'off' though and part of the corner of the frame is occluded.

You can see it clearly on this negative scan. I suspect the pressure plate isn't holding it flat. Or, alternatively, I may have loaded the film slightly off so that it was running across the film gate at a slight angle.

On the other hand, the shots are extremely sharp.
    Hello,
    You seem to have a fairly common issue with your camera, at least as far as I've seen with my Moskva folders. In spite of this you have a fine picture.
    Regarding the occluded portion of the frame may I suggest you carefully extend the portion of the bellows that is inside the bellows cavity in the camera. When you do this you will find that you have more bellows than you thought you did! If you can get clear "Tana" brand shoe polish where you are apply this carefully to the whole bellows. I used a Q tip, then rubbed with my fingers. This may soften the bellows to the point where it can be worked to completely open. This works very well for me.
    Another issue I have found with my folding cameras, and I have seen this raised on other sites: When the cameras bellows has been closed then opened again on the unexposed frame, the suction of the big bellows, particularly a 6 x 9 will draw the film into the frame opening. Not suprisingly the image will be compromised on at least, part of the frame. If possible advance the film after opening the bellows or open the bellows very very slowly.
    I find myself very fond of the Moskva cameras I have. When in good working order they will perform. They are very crude cameras by modern standards I suppose but this should make them easy to repair.
    My favorite Moskva camera is the Moskva 4 which looks like the M2 but has the capacity to do 6 x 6 as well as 6 x 9.
    I wish you the best of luck with your Moskva.

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin