Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,025   Online: 815

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the 60s, I shot a lot of film on my father's old Ciroflex 6x6 camera. I still have negatives of the first astronauts walking on the moon that I shot off of the TV. In the 70s I shot with a Yashica 635 that I bought new in a pawn shop. I never tried the 35mm attachment, but I shot a lot of 120 film in it. By the 80s, I had turned to large format and the shutter broke in the Yashica, so I was out of MF.

Earlier this year I got a super deal on an RB67 with the 90mm lens. I've had a ball with it - adding a prism viewer and a 250mm lens to the kit. I have sheet film holders that will fit it, so I use it like a small, reflex view camera in a way.

Oh, and I also have an unusual Agfa 6x9 box camera that appears to have been made in France - it has a three-position focusing device on top labeled in French, and a three position sliding f-stop. I just wish I knew the shutter speed. Ha. It appears to have been made in the 30s and works just fine with 100-speed film
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    90% of my shooting is using roll film these days -- primarily a Mamiya 7II system, but also a 6x9 or 6x12 back on my Linhof Technikardan or Gaoersi 4x5 "handheld". I pretty much only shoot Kodak Portra 400NC which I purchase in bulk from Adorama.

Soon I will have a 37mm fisheye to mount onto my Linhof for use with the 6x9 back -- I can't wait to try it out!
    J Michael Sullivan
    Editor/Publisher, MAGNAchrom
    www.magnachrom.com

...SOMETIMES I SEE THINGS...

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always use, now for about 40 years, mij MF gear and when not the 4x5" LF. I own a SLR- and RF-system. Quiet happy with it.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bronica SQ-B and a Lubitel 160B (for 'fun ') are my main use cameras. I usually use Adox 125 film (FP4+ relabled) but I sometimes use Portra or Fuji transparency film. I have never seen anything more stunning than 6 x 6 chromes !
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1. How many people are still using their medium format cameras?

Add me to the list, but less frequently nowadays.

2. What are some of your fond moments and/or experiences?

I've used MF mostly for model work, and the models are occasionally less than fully clad. With careful casting, they've all been nice people, so all of the shoots have been pleasant.

3. Which Do You Prefer To Shoot, Color or Black and White?

Yes. But, the balance is heavier on the B&W side, I must admit.

4. What type(s) of medium format camera/accessories do you own?

6x6, Hassies.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I acquired a Bronica S2a from an APUG member some time ago, and I currently use it a lot more than my 35mm or LF equipment. I have three backs and have 40, 50, 80, 100 and 150mm lenses for it (a slight attack of GAS...).

In addition, I have a nice Yashica 635 (with a Yashinon lens), which I also use a lot.

I like the larger slide or negative I get from it compared to 35mm, and it´s easier to carry around than my LF gear. And I´ve always loved the square format.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still use a lot of medium format film, either Pro 160S or Portra 800. I shoot mostly colour neg. I'm rather ditzy and get confused with names, but I think that I have a Sony Seagull or something. It's the one with the knob on the side. No, I remember now, it's on the top. For a technical eye-opening sort of medium format memory, I guess that the results from the first time I used a Mamiya Super 23 to shoot 6x9 landscape stand out.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use MF stuff regularly. Sometimes a roll a week if just local stuff, sometimes several rolls if I take a trip out of town. For subject matter I have a son, g/f, Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, farms, Lake Erie, Toledo and Detroit, museums, outdoors.

I usually shoot a Rolleiflex or a Rolleicord V, but if I want bigger images and rect. format, I also have a Kodak Medalist and a Zeiss Ikonta, both 6x9. But somehow, the groundglass experience of a TLR is more satisfying to me, or maybe more exotic since I grew up with SLR and rangefinder 35mm.

B/W is my workhorse film, with color reserved for special occasions (like vacation). I soup the B/W at home, but take color into a lab.

I love the big images, and would also like to try 8x10, or 4x5, and contact printing those negs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I given a lot of thought to getting an RZ67 as well as a Mamiya 7II. Not sure which I will get first. Right now, the only MF I shoot is from a Horseman 6x12 back on my Toyo.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x9
    Mamiya Universal and Super 23, Brownie Bulls-eye, and a Burke & James 5x7 Commercial View with a 120 roll film back used on a 4x5 Graflok back.
    6x6
    Salut-S, Ricoh Diacord, Agfa Isolette II, Brownie Hawkeye Flash Model.

I usually use color negative film.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin