Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,654   Online: 770

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    90% of what I shoot is MF. Rolleiflex T, Yashica A and D, Pentacon 6tl with four lenses, Century Graphic with four lenses, three folders and a holga. 99%B&W. Rollie gets the most use.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I still shoot with my medium format cameras. Mostly candid shots of my kids.
    I have an RB-67 that isn't getting used much. The other less heavy cameras are a lot easier to chase the kids with. Mostly I use a Yashica-12, followed by the Diana and Diana clone (Pioneer). Of the toy cameras I much prefer the Pioneer to the original Diana.

I'd guess I'm using about 95% b/w film that I develop at home. Color goes to the lab.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had ceased to use MF altogether. Then I got the 6x17. I have run through more 120 in the last 6 months, than in the preceding five years. I don't know for sure, but I guess the 6x17 would be considered MF because it uses roll film. Those are some pretty big frames though. I get 4 shots on a roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a couple of Fuji rangefinders... GW670 II and GSW690 III. I love using them and sometimes have a difficult time chosing between them and LF.

I shoot about 99.99% B&W.

I remember the first time a good friend and gifted artist saw me with the GW670 II, he laughed. He thought it was one of those toys that were just a BIG version of a small camera. He was surprised it was a Real camera.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me:

6x4.5 - 3 SLR bodies (Mamiya) plus lenses;
    6x6 - 2 TLR bodies (Mamiya) plus lenses;
    6x7 - 2 RFD bodies (Koni-Omega) plus 2 lenses;
    6x12??? - one old Kodak folder, intended for 116 film, which I hope to adapt for use with 120.

I have at least 2 bodies in most of the formats, because I used to shoot weddings, and I never want to be without a backup.

The old folder was recently found again, after years in a box. It was the camera that my Dad had restored for me so that, at the age of 11, I could set up a contact printing darkroom. I am looking forward to trying a roll of black and white in it.

The Koni-Omegas are new to me, and need new seals, and the backs are of varying quality, but I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of them, both B&W and colour.

My TLRs dont get the use they should, but in years gone by one of them at least did a fair share of weddings.

I have one to many 645 SLR bodies for my needs - just like last year I hope to use these a lot during my upcoming holiday, and I hope to shoot B&W and colour slide.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. How many people are still using their medium format cameras?

I use 6x7 and 6x9cm medium format rangefinders.

Before the rangefinders, I shot 6x6cm twin-lens-reflex.

2. What are some of your fond moments and/or experiences?

I will never forget the time a photographer from a competing studio tried to sabotage a wedding I was shooting by secretly changing the sync setting on one of my twin-lens-reflex cameras from electronic flash sync to flashbulb sync. Thank goodness I discovered what he had done before I used the camera.

3. Which Do You Prefer To Shoot, Color or Black and White?

I prefer to shoot color slide and color print film with my medium format cameras. However, since I am now having difficulty finding 5-liter Kodak E-6 chemistry locally, I am shooting less color slide film.

3. What type(s) of medium format camera/accessories do you own?

Fuji GW670 III and GSW690 III

Since the 35mm SLR is my system camera, other than lights, filters, light meters, a tripod, and a cable release, I don’t own or need many accessories for my medium format cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Increasingly, in the studio, I shoot 6x7cm with a reducing back on a 4x5 inch monorail. Usually black and white, very little colour nowadays: when I have to shoot colour for editors who don't understand anything else, it's usually 35mm slide or d*g*t*l.

Outside, usually 44x66mm on my Alpa (Biogon format), plus some 6x6cm Kowa, 6x7 'baby' Linhof and an assortment of weird leftovers such as a Polaroid 600SE with 6x7 and 6x9 RF backs, a Graflex XL modified to take 6x8 RB back, a Pentacon 6 and various 'collector' folders from Agfa and others (invariably disappointing). I also have a Semflex TLR but I have to pull the shutter out and clean it before I can use it.

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Quote"
    I will never forget the time a photographer from a competing studio tried to sabotage a wedding I was shooting by secretly changing the sync setting on one of my twin-lens-reflex cameras from electronic flash sync to flashbulb sync. Thank goodness I discovered what he had done before I used the camera.

That bastar$$^%...I hope your wedding shoot went well depsite his actions!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use two Mamiya T.L.R bodys, one is a C330 F the other a C33, the lenses I have are the 55, 80,135, and 180 , I've enjoyed using this gear for nearly twenty years and find this type of equipment ideal for people photography, my main interest , the cameras are quiet, sync for flash at any speed, and at the point of exposure you can see the subject and if your flash fired.
    I shoot both prints and slides and like the Fuji professional films, mainly pro 160s, and Astia F. I prefer to shoot slides for my personal work, and love the quality that 6x6 slides produce when they are projected, about 90 % of my work is colour and is all processed at a local prolab
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=photogolf]1. How many people are still using their medium format cameras?
    2. What are some of your fond moments and/or experiences?
    3. Which Do You Prefer To Shoot, Color or Black and White?
    3. What type(s) of medium format camera/accessories do you own?

Me! I love MF. I like opening up my old Zeiss Ikon Nettar and have people comment about it. They seem to like the "like gran'pa used to have" look of it. When I mess around with the C330, people are more suspicous. "You work for the paper or a magazine?" I hear the unspoken questions, "What are doing, and why?" I guess the Mamiya looks more professional. It evens says so at the bottom, "Professional".

I shoot more b&w because I'm a hobbiest and I develop and print b&w. I have to spend a couple hours in traffic to drop off 120 color at the lab. It's a hassle going into town just for this.

The Nettar and C330 are the only MF gear I own. I'd love to have a Mamyia rangefinder, a 6 or 7ii-- Daughter has a 7ii. Sweet!-- but I'd rather put the money into LF gear. Someday.

K.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin