Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,248   Online: 976

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looking for a kiev user

hi people,

im looking for somebody who uses a Kiev medium format camera, i want to know if u can fire and cock the shutter without a lens attached? or is there sum pin or finger that is pressed or pushed by the lens when its connected to the body?
    I want to know this because i want to see if i can use the kiev as a base for a tilt and shift adapter im designing. It will sport a LF lens, so i need a curtain shutter on camera.

greetings
    Hidde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you could cock and fire the shutter without a lens or a back. As far as I know, there is no interlock.

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're using a LF lens why do you need to use the Kiev shutter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cause i need the reflex mirror action, so i can focus and make my shot, wait for the moment live...i hate to lose my view when i put the casette in front of the groundglass when shooting LF....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sometimes use a LF lens in Copal shutter on my Kiev 88CM. I just mount the lens on my Pentacon Bellows, then I can use either one of the shutters.

However, for perspective control stuff with my Kiev, I use my either my 45mm PC Hartblei or my 55mm PC Arsat.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Images
    I do it all the time. No problems yet, on my Hartblei master 88
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what i want is a combination of bellows and some shift capabilities, so i can have a mild macro effect combined with a rotated depth of field...i dont know if i can realize that with mounting a hartlbei on said pentacon bellows..any of u guys have any experience in this matter
    grtz
    hidde
    thanks for the feedback so far, this is helping me out in a big way

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can mount any of the Hartblei or Arsat PC lenses on a Pentacon bellows. I believe that the HartBlei 45mm PC Super Rotator lens probably has the most perspective correction capability, and it is a very good lens.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...what you SHOULDN'T do is change speeds WITHOUT cocking the shutter.
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin