Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,103   Online: 977

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Tourist II

I was given a Kodak Tourist II several years ago, and I finally decided to try it out. I bought two rolls of J&C pro400 film. I never used a folder before.There is a small button on the right side which lifts to except new roll of film? and a bigger button on the left to roll film onto empty spool? The format is 6X8? and the lens is Kodak 105mm Anaston f4.5. I would like to try it without fogging the film. How do you know when the first frame is done? or second ... Are there markings on the film backing paper? or do I risk fogging film by opening this little red window? After exposing film do I have to return film to the original spool or leave it on the take up spool?
    Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

CGross
    These are fun cameras!!
    Yes the button on the right top of the camera lifts to accept the new roll of film.
    The button on the left top lifts to accept the take up spool.
    I use the J&C 620 film and after you have taken the tape off the roll of film and thread it into the take up spool and turn the left top knob to get the film started, then close the back.
    You then continue to wind the left top knob until you see a one in the red window on the film back. The very first time I loaded mine, I went past the 1st frame because I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for. There are markings so you'll be fine.
    I only open the little door covering the red window when I am advancing the film.
    So far, I have had no fogging.
    You do not need to return the film to the original spool.
    Since 620 spools are hard to find, you should try to keep them. If you use a lab, tell them to return the spool to you after processing.
    You can find the manual at the Yahoo group called: OlderKodakManuals
    You will have to subscribe to it and then look in the files section. It is a zip file full of .jpg pictures which are the scans of each page.

I now roll 120 film onto my 620 spools. Do this in the dark though. I also save the nice little film containers that J&C ships the 620 in. They are nice to keep exposed film in.

Hope this helps.
    Cody

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Tourist is 6x9 on 620. You adance the film until it reads "1" in the little red window, take a picture, advance to "2" and so on for 8 frames, then wind to the end. Between the door on the window and the paper backing, you shouldn't have any light bleed through, but don't leave the door open facing the sun either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Greg!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of folders!
    Are there markings on the film backing paper?
    -yes, I use folders from 6x7 to 6x12 and they have all matched markings seen perfectly through the red windows on the back and I have never had any fogging problems.
    I even have a box camera that the red window broke out so I just covered with gaffers tape and peel back for winding to the next frame and recover and no fogging there either.
    As for the finished roll of film you just roll it completely onto the take up reel and seal it up for proccessing and you take the original film reel and place it into the take up position and you are ready to load a new roll!
    Now, get out there and use it. there is nothing better than using a folder in public, the looks are the best!
    Good luck,
    Doug W
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for your answers it is a great confidence builder.Tomorrow is going to rain but on Sunday it is going to be nice. So I am going to be taking some pictures and developing some film.

Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Buster6x6. I'm in London ON too if you need a hand.

I do my own repairs too - my trained eye could check-out that folder for you pretty easily.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's an on-line manual for the Tourist
    ... and a page on respooling 120 film onto 620 spools
    Actually, a google search for "respool 620" popped up lots of entries.
    Good Luck and have fun,
    Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much guy's.
    Mike I'll take you up on it if I run into difficulties. Thanks for the links they are very helpful.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak tourist

I have one, my fathers camera. I shot a roll of Tech Pan in it and I was impressed with the lens (f4.5 Anaston). I'm also pretty good at guess focusing.
    However, I just can't kick the Hassie habit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Gene
    I just wan't to try and see what I have.I have been so busy lately that did not have time to develop film yet if it rains this weekend I'll see what kind of pictures it takes.I like the 6X9 format.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin