Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,337   Online: 796

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mamiya 1000s problem

Lately my 1000s has been acting weird. When I cock the shutter, the mirror locks up. So now, I have to compose, cock and then fire. It's manageable but a pain. The battery is fine. I'm guessing the problem is in the mirror mechanism, but not sure. It's likely due for a CLA, but maybe someone else has successfully solvesd this problem?

John
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A CLA is the solution, mine did this a couple of years ago and the only thing that fixed it was a trip to the doctors....something in the electronics screws up and they need to replace a small IC in the camera. I think it cost me about $150 US to get fix, which at that time was not bad, now a days, you might be able to purchase another good working body for that price.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave. Is the part you referred to something that is commonly available? I'm thinking a spare body might be the only source of such a part?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could your battery be getting weak?
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you get an answer to the mystery, John?
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds like a worn part in the shutter cocking mechanism. It is failing to latch and keep the mirror in the viewing position.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The battery is fine. I've dropped it off at a repair shop for an estimate. Should hear tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine did the exact same thing. After worrying myself sick guessing over a number of causes, a routine CLA restored it to perfect working order.

I'm hoping the same will be true for you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Repairs will be slightly less than a used replacement body, and come with a 1 yr. warranty, so I'll have this baby back in action in about 3 weeks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin