Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,464   Online: 1233

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am holding out for the f/2.8 myself. No more slow glass for me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I think that's right. Here's the coat of arms of Qatar--

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...s_of_Qatar.png

Just downloaded the big image of the lens, and indeed the seal says "State of Qatar."
    Hello David,

I think you have that one right, and there is good reason to believe that we might now have a good idea of who is the new owner. Around 2002/3 time there was a special commissioned Leica M7 Titanium with five lenses, different in that everything was made from Titanium. There was a nice article about this camera in LFI 6/2003. The new owner of that system is His Excellence Sheikh Saoud Bin Mohammed Bin Ali al-Thani, founding Chairman of the Qatar National Council for Culture, Arts & Heritage. Seems to me he would be the best guess for owning that Zeiss monster lens.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any chance of an f1 model?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin