Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,845   Posts: 1,582,690   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i am a mamiya m6 user. the 6x6 negatives are great as are the lenses. the meter is a bit funky, but i calibrated it against my leica m6 and sekonic meter and its now spot on (there's a +/- dial on the top that you can use to adjust. i haven't touched it since. i have all three lenses, but I find that i use the 50mm most for street shooting. since it's got an aperature priority function (like a leica m7), it's quicker than my leica m6 for street shooting. i bought my "kit" on ebay and got a good deal. KEH also has them for sale from time to time. the only drawback is that mamiya usa cannot (willnot?) fix the winder mechanism which sometimes has a tendancy to wear out; mine has not. somewhere here on on photo.net there are postings for people who fix these. the mamiya 7 and 7ii are still supported by mamiya so that's not a problem, but of course, that's a 6x7 format, not 6x6. hope this helps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bryan, have you tried a Hassey with an eye level view finder. It adds a bit of weight, but I found focusing easier. You get used to holding a Hassey very quickly. When you consider all the great lens available on ebay, KEH etc it is a system to reconsider.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is the RF the only issue? Otherwise user condition? And how cheap is cheap? I'm a full-time student, two kids, etc., but I'm trying to sink my teeth into 6x7.

Craig Nelson
    NelsonFoto.Com
    nelsonfoto@cox.net

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E
    If anyone in the USA is interested, I could let it go pretty cheap, somewhere I even have some directions on adjusting the finder that I could include.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Craig, I'll send you a PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin